Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Have you got this Virus? Lurgy? Spinning head and nausea!

(24 Posts)
Earthymama Tue 01-Apr-14 08:55:56

I live in a small community and this flu-like illness is going through us like a dose of salts.

Symptoms are being hot and cold, feeling nauseous, aching joints, but worst of all the most horrible spinny head, where you can't think about anything else, can't concentrate, just feel odd all the time.

Is this confined to our little village or is it creeping across the country?

I feel a little better today though it has left me with the worst headache in ages.

What do you do when you get one of these odd illnesses? I took an All in One remedy and tries to rest as much as I could.

duchesse Tue 01-Apr-14 09:04:26

I've had this since Friday with raging bronchitis. It's great. hmm I'm on so many drugs I', starting to lose track.

Hope you feel better soon. I feel I may nearly have turned a corner today.

Earthymama Tue 01-Apr-14 09:21:34

Ooh that sounds really nasty.
I thought I felt better too.
Until I got up.
I have to work but I can rest luckily.
2 of my friends have just said they have it too.
I ran a meeting on Sundsy and have very little idea of how I did it.
The thing that makes me laugh is the need to constantly say
'Ooh I feel odd, ooh I feel sick, ooh my head is spinning!'
I did it all day on Sunday, but when DP started last night I thought I might have to bludgeon her til she shut up!!

fiverabbits Tue 01-Apr-14 13:11:59

I have had this since the 18th of February, anyone got a cure ?

candycoatedwaterdrops Tue 01-Apr-14 15:10:32

I have this, i feel your pain! Finally saw a doctor this AM who diagnosed a middle ear infection and vertigo. She recommended inhaling over steamy water and otc decongestants. I have some anti sickness tablets and ear drops too. I feel rough but can't miss work and I have a dissertation due in a month!

WingDefence Tue 01-Apr-14 15:39:41

I had that last week although more of the nausea and less of the spinning. DS got it later on last week (and vomited once), DH over the weekend.

I was assuming it was just a vomiting bug that didn't actually cause me to vomit. It was very unpleasant - like my worst ever hangover but I haven't drunk in weeks!

BlackSwan Wed 02-Apr-14 12:13:49

I have this its awful! How long does it last?

Ange1972 Thu 03-Apr-14 12:55:36

I have this too..... Feels like my head is in a vice which isn't helped by constant coughing. Started with tummy ache and nausea last week then got the hot and cold sweats and aching body now just feel dreadful....... Smacked off my head on 'flu' medications not sure what else to try??

RoyCroppersOldBag Thu 03-Apr-14 14:06:02

Yep, I'm in the gang too sad

ExcuseTypos Thu 03-Apr-14 14:09:01

I have it but without the nausea but do have a nasty cough which is keeping me awake at night. I keep thinking I'm being a lazy so and so, as I've got loads to do, but am lying on the sofa.

I took the dog for a walk this morning then came home and needed a sleep.

duchesse Thu 03-Apr-14 17:53:53

head vice ....check
nausea .....check
constant coughing..... check
high temperature.... check
incipient ear infection.... hang on, you're new. hmm

duchesse Thu 03-Apr-14 17:54:54

Will be a week tomorrow for me blackswan. During which time I have both made a hash of and overrun on a deadline. Go me, freelancer extraordinaire...

RhondaJean Thu 03-Apr-14 17:56:41

Does anyone have all the above plus a really sore and swollen throat?

ExcuseTypos Thu 03-Apr-14 18:06:37

Yes me Rhonda, I keep thinking I'm about to lose my voice.

dannychampionoftheworld Thu 03-Apr-14 18:10:49

I had what you describe in the OP with an unsettled tummy (although no D and V). I felt awful. It did get better in 2 days though, but I had to sleep about 26 hours out of 48 in order to get it to go away!

Panadbois Thu 03-Apr-14 18:11:07

My DH has Labyrinthitis/vertigo since Sunday, and my DM said there was a lot of it around. He's still confined to bed altough he's not vomiting any more.

BlackSwan Thu 03-Apr-14 18:14:16

lucky your husband pandabois. I got a morning and early evening off my job (SAHM!) for one day. Today much better though still getting the odd headspin. One day of utter hell with vertigo. I was worried it would never leave me.

Panadbois Thu 03-Apr-14 18:36:21

GP has told him to stay in bed until Sunday! He NEVER misses work. Never never ever. It is unheard of. It'll go down as the week MrPbois took off and will be spoken of for ever. He was soooooo ill.

(((keeping well away so I don't get it))))

BlackSwan Thu 03-Apr-14 19:39:58

I have no doubt he is suffering, it's godawful. You don't want it! I hope he recovers soon.

Ange1972 Thu 03-Apr-14 19:44:21

The dreaded white spots have appeared on my tonsils hmmhmmhmm

Buttercup27 Fri 04-Apr-14 00:34:08

I've been feeling like this all day ! V - dizzy a bit sicky but not enough to say um actually ill. Really hard to describe but been in bed since 7 , even before 2 yr old ! Lol !

duchesse Fri 04-Apr-14 09:58:29

Right, I've booked a doctor's appointment, seeing as half my face is now in pain and I am still having fevers and chills after a week, and am now dizzy to go with it. Don't want to go through the weekend like this.

candycoatedwaterdrops Fri 04-Apr-14 18:48:37

Still ill, been struggling in to work. My face is swollen, should I be concerned? confused

duchesse Fri 04-Apr-14 21:05:41

Am now on antibiotics for ear infection and steroid nasal spray for the sinusitis. Yeay for locum GPs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now