Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

i give stillbirth on 24th/02 and still bleeding???????

(12 Posts)
happywithit Wed 26-Mar-14 23:34:30

hi
i give a stillbirth on the 24th of February, i was bleeding the first 2 weeks after a normal delivery,which is normal, than it stop, just the yellowish water, for nearly 1 week and 1/2, but on tuesday, i was 4weeks after birth, i start bleeding again heavily, until now so its 2 days now, i don't know if it normal or not, i just want someone who experience this before please.

BeaWheesht Wed 26-Mar-14 23:43:09

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I think because the bleeding has stopped then restarted you should see a doctor just in case. Have you been very active? Sometimes that can aggravate the bleeding. Is there a smell at all?

Take care of yourself.

Itscurtainsforyou Wed 26-Mar-14 23:55:36

I had bleeding for around 4 weeks, but I agree with the pp, if it slowed then started again you should go and see your gp. Your body can be susceptible to all sorts after an experience like this (I had infection after infection) so it's best to be checked out.

So sorry you're going through this. In my experience it was probably the worse thing I've ever been through.

happywithit Thu 27-Mar-14 00:20:46

thank you for the replay
i went to an outing to a farm outside london with my son class that day, it was very cold,that is it, after lunch that day the bleeding start.

Only1scoop Thu 27-Mar-14 00:29:24

Op so sorry for your loss I remember your original thread.

I also bled and had discharge for around 5 to 6 weeks following. Not nice and a constant reminder. It eventually petered out but I did think at one point it wouldn't stop.

Thinking of you thanks

Only1scoop Thu 27-Mar-14 00:31:01

Also to add the bleeding did stop and then restart again.

Megbeth Thu 27-Mar-14 14:39:00

Beat to get checked incase there is retained placenta. I had heavy bleeding & clots 3 weeks after delivery when bleeding had stopped then started to be heavy. I had to have a d & c & was very aneamic afterwards.

Megbeth Thu 27-Mar-14 14:39:55

Also, dorry for your loss. Thinking of you.

Megbeth Thu 27-Mar-14 14:40:30

*Sorry

happywithit Thu 27-Mar-14 22:18:54

thank you all for the replay, just for Megbeth what do you mean about a d &c?
sorry if its very easy to understand, but i did not get it.

babyboomersrock Fri 28-Mar-14 00:19:12

A "d&c" is a minor operation to remove anything remaining in the uterus - you probably will not need this, but better to ask the doctor for advice.

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your baby. Take care of yourself.

Christelle2207 Fri 28-Mar-14 15:21:41

So sorry for your loss. Do check with gp but my bleeding (not a stillbirth) did carry on for about 6 weeks and did stop and start. Eventually stopped for good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now