Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Itchy dry red painful skin on face

(2 Posts)
Wordsaremything Wed 26-Mar-14 19:59:58

This is a relatively simple problem but very distressing.

At the weekend I felt I was coming down with a bad cold.sore throat, grotty ness, elevated temp. Monday I woke to my eye swollen shut and skin on cheek swollen and blistered looking. Saw gp who thought viral conjunctivitis although my eye itself was fine.

Today eye is normal but skin on face is red raw, itchy and dry, sandpaper texture. No changes to diet, detergents, cosmetics or anything I can think of. Rash spreading across face and neck.

Saw doc again on advice of pharmacist and was prescribed anti histamine. What's going on? It is so uncomfortable it's preventing me sleeping and the rash is unsightly! Skin on face will tolerate only water. Even e 45 cream provokes painful angry reaction.

Sorry for essay. Am usually v blasé about health issues but this is really worrying. Help!

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Thu 27-Mar-14 13:53:27

You don't think it could be scarlet fever?

Hope you feel better soon, it sounds horrid. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now