Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Pain in chest wall, above breasts

(5 Posts)
RollerCola Wed 26-Mar-14 09:52:45

I'm panicking a bit about this, I've got a doctors appt later today.

At the weekend I noticed I had a painful area below my collar bone, just above the top of my breast. It's tender when I press it and I thought it felt like there was a small lump, but that seems to come and go. Sometimes it feels lumpy, but others it seems to go inward, like a dent in my skin.

I'm not sure if I'm making it more sore by all the poking and prodding I'm doing, but I've just had another good feel and there's another sore area on the other side. Not symmetrical, this ones a bit lower down nearer my actual breast.

I need to get it checked out. Anyone had anything similar? Any ideas what the gp will do if anything?

Trying to keep calm but I'm quite nervous.

Hoping the appointment went okay.

Theonlyoneiknow Wed 26-Mar-14 22:52:34

How odd you get on OP? Hope the appt was ok

RollerCola Wed 26-Mar-14 23:33:49

The gp went well thankfully, she did a full breast check and was satisfied that the pain was in the chest wall not the breast tissue itself. She said it's an area that sometimes get inflamed for no particular reason. She said it was nothing at all to worry about, and it should hopefully calm down in a week or so.

Feel very relieved, thanks for thinking of me.

Glad it went well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now