Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fibromyalgia

(14 Posts)

I am in my bed in so much pain all over.

Any recommendations?

A warm bath and solpadeine max.

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do for fibro pain, unless you go to the GP for tramadol or stronger.

I never knew you had FMS, really sorry to hear this. sad

Neither did I Schro... I just thought I was dying wink

I feel like a pretzel I am so contorted!

Eeks, well af least you know now I guess?

Have you tried the hot bath? I know it sounds a bit too simple but I think it works the best.

Hope you start feeling better, are you going to physio or anything?

I go to yoga as couldn't afford to carry on physio.

Currently off my tits on cocodamol and that is helping quite a bit.

How are women supposed to be good parents when their bodies are trying to destroy them!!?

Have you tried epsom bath salts?

Not a cure all but might offer some relief.

Hopefully it will get better (I know that doesn't mean much saying that just now). How long have you had it? What painkillers have you tried?

I think I've had it since having DD but only recently diagnosed.

Makes you feel slightly less mad to think that other folk have it the same.

Shosha1 Wed 26-Mar-14 16:24:56

I find Ibuprofen gel on the worse bits help.
I have a plug in massage seat in the car for driving and wheat bags for sitting in the evening.

I do find the worst thing is staying in bed tho
Even if I just walk around the house anything is better than lying still

Maiziemonkey Wed 26-Mar-14 16:30:01

I dont have this but have chronic pain, have done some reading on meds and there has been a couple new ones having good success recently- I think Gabapentin and Pregablin were the ones mentioned, good luck. I can second the heat suggestion- it can sometimes work better than strong opioids

Yeah, I have taken pregabalin since I was 15, bloody miracle that stuff is, couldn't move out of bed before I was put on it. Gabapentin didn't do nearly the same job but it's cheaper so you would likely be offered it first.

If the worst pain is in specific places you could ask for versatis patches which are local anasthetic in a patch, they are very expensive as well though so some convincing could be needed and also buprenorphine patches, they're a synthetic form of morphine and technically not addictive I think and not too strong. Good for when you can't keep up with taking enough painkillers to do anything to the pain.

That deep freeze spray is quite good too.

I think it's actually surprisingly common, well it's pretty common that there are lots more people than thought with invisible pain conditions. Mines was diagnosed as fibro and then Ehlers Danlos. We have no idea if is EDS along with fibro or just EDS. confused

YouCantKeepACowInACouncilFlat Wed 26-Mar-14 19:56:00

Testing

YouCantKeepACowInACouncilFlat Wed 26-Mar-14 20:00:56

Sorry, just testing a NN change before I write what I am about too.

This is awful and I wouldn't advocate normally, but having had RA for a few years now there is only one ultimate pain relief for me during bad flare ups.

Marijuana. Smoked or Eaten. The green skunky types are best.

Feel free to ignore. Feel free to flame me for my inappropriateness too.

I was converted by a friend who has an alternative view on life and I've not suffered the crippling pain since.

I genuinely don't have a problem with a bit of green. It should be legalised for definite.

I don't think I'd be very productive though and I'd have to put a lock on my biscuit cupboard.

I do feel like I've been fobbed off a bit as I've only been given cocodamol. (But I have some Valium anyway) so between the two it's been more manageable but I'm still losing a few days.

Will definitely be taking notes and taking them to next appt! Thanks ladies smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now