Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Wheezing after exercising outdoors

(3 Posts)
ShredMeJillianIWantToBeNatalie Tue 25-Mar-14 15:05:11

I'm a regular runner (most days), usually fine but the last few years I've noticed that I wheeze very badly after exercising outdoors. Always at this time of year. The rest of the time I'm fine.

Spoke to my GP about it ages ago, and he said it's probably exercise-induced asthma which is normally fine but is exacerbated by pollen at this time of year. He suggested hayfever remedies (which I take routinely at this time of year anyway - I think they help my other hayfever symptoms but not the throat tightness and wheezing).

Problem is, I kind of forget about it for another year until it starts affecting me badly again in the spring. Any ideas that could help?

AndHarry Tue 25-Mar-14 18:57:42

I get the same thing and have an inhaler that I take twice a day at this time of year, as well as various hay fever remedies. If you don't have one it would be worth asking your GP.

ShredMeJillianIWantToBeNatalie Tue 25-Mar-14 22:28:22

Thank you AndHarry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now