Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

**Tamoxigang counting down to Easter eggs- thread 48**

(999 Posts)
BetsyBoop Fri 21-Mar-14 20:05:40

throws some hot cross buns on the trolley

Marshy Sun 13-Apr-14 19:57:48

Hi kitkat,
Are you doing much upper body work at the gym? I haven't been as a bit concerned re overdoing the pectoralis and upsetting the implant so have concentrated on running and spin but really miss a few weights.

kitkat1967 Sun 13-Apr-14 21:22:14

HI Marshy - I'm doing cardio work plus weights for my legs. Then last week I added 2 machines to do my biceps and triceps - taking great care not to use my pecs. My BCN told me not to do anything that moved my pecs for at least another 3 months. As I understand it it is important to keep the muscle relaxed so that the implant drops as much as possible.

wineoclocktimeyet Sun 13-Apr-14 21:43:43

Did think of you today Wee, I'm also a huge footy fan (did a 600 miles round trip to the cup final 2 days before my finals started grin. Could you get the ticket and play it by ear on the day?

Thanks for the detailed info about your mx Bigger, my bmx will be next month and it's so helpful hearing from someone whose been there.

Hope your instay goes well Really

Hugs to everyone else and sorry to anyone I've missed out. got my last Tax tomorrow, can't wait to start feeling better.

Wren48 Sun 13-Apr-14 22:19:34

Good luck with the last tax, Wine. So jealous..

Even as a total football ignoramus I can get how exciting that is, Wee. Hope you get there!

ConsiderablyBiggerBuns Sun 13-Apr-14 22:33:34

wee had my BMX and total node clearance on Tuesday, apart from the fact that I still have an unsightly drain (due to be removed tomorrow) indigestion that is getting better and some soreness, I actually feel well. As long as I didn't have to drive and was with someone who could look out for me, I would manage an event of that magnitude tomorrow (6 days after op). I managed a 3 hour visit from my MIL today and I don't believe a cup final is any more stressful than that. And at least they know there is no danger of you doing a half time streak.

difficultpickle Mon 14-Apr-14 13:08:23

Hope everyone is enjoying a warm and sunny Monday. I'm all packed for tomorrow and wondering whether I should be packing swimwear for my hospital stay. It was so hot in Feb/March in my room that I'm rather apprehensive on how hot it will be this time!

Had a lovely weekend with ds and I'm really hoping he will be okay with this latest stay. Wish I knew what time I have to go tomorrow rather than sitting and waiting for a phone call.

wine last tax tomorrow does that mean no more meds? That will be a fantastic feeling. That's the thing I hate most, the sheer number of drugs I have to take. I can't wait to be in your position smile

Honeybear9 Mon 14-Apr-14 15:27:33

Hi everyone had my chemo cancelled again for second time today so have been to see bcn & oncologist who had decided I am only getting 'EC' not FEC-t due to Chrons disease. Has any one else had just ec? Worried about the eventual outcome.... No free appointments for chemo so have just got to wait for the phone to ring!

difficultpickle Mon 14-Apr-14 15:37:18

Honey how utterly frustrating. I hope you are okay. I'd be upset not knowing what is going on. Hopefully someone with knowledge of your chemo will be along to advise (mine is something called Da).

Speedypenguin Mon 14-Apr-14 15:41:45

Honeybear - what a nightmare for you! I don't know anything about the drugs but hopefully someone else does. Hope phone rings soon.

Have wonderful holidays for those going away. Hopefully that will be me next year.

Buns- hope your drains came out.

Really- best of luck with your stay.

Today I finally feel a bit more normal and could work out why I couldn't log in! I have the boys which helps and they are arguing so it feels much more normal. Only five to go.

Hope everyone enjoying sunshine if they can.

Wren48 Mon 14-Apr-14 17:47:11

Speedy, glad that you're feeling a bit more normal - it does help! Even if it's just because of the arguing boys!

Honeybear, that is so frustrating. What poor communication. I know that EC is as good as FEC - some of the more forward thinking hospitals have dropped the F (not mine) but I'm not sure if the implications of no T.

Pickle, best of luck tomorrow. I'm glad you had a good weekend with ds; that will be sustaining for him. And he knows you both got through it last time.

I have my MIL on Friday, Biggerbuns. Definitely a moment for a deep breath.

mildmay Mon 14-Apr-14 21:05:43

Evening all hope everyone has enjoyed the sunshine today.Into my second week since first FEC T and seem to be doing ok except sleeping has become a nightmare hope tonight will be better.Have been driving DH mad.Have wig sorted which was a very strange experience and having head shaved next tuesday.Lady in shop called this hair removal day felt like i was in a different world then asked if i had thought about tattooed eyebrows.Time to leave.
Friends react by telling me how great i will look and will i be going back to work soon.Not sure they really understand.
Hope everyhas a great sleep tonight and good luck to everyone for tomorrow and to all those on holiday have lots of fun .

ConsiderablyBiggerBuns Tue 15-Apr-14 11:02:35

Thank buggery for that, been trying to reset my password for the past two days! Drains out, dressing off, one step at a time. Still got indigestion, DR is calling me today, looks like the painkillers (napraxin) have damaged my stomach lining so hopefully he will prescribe something to help. Other than that, getting there and the nice weather helps. Hope you got some sleep last night mildmay. Hi to everyone else, well those that aren't on holiday or locked out of MN.

Speedypenguin Tue 15-Apr-14 11:25:10

Yes- hope Mildmay got sleep.
Biggerbuns- glad the drains have gone. Hope your indigestion gets sorted.

Quick question- used to suffer from spots on back in late twenties and noticed a few over last few days but had a bath this morning and have loads- some on chest as well, just waiting for face to erupt too! They seem to be proper spots; is this just an effect of low immunity or do I need to phone and check? Feel like I have phoned a couple of times so don't want to be a pain and phone again. They told me my periods might stop but it started today so that probably isn't helping.

Hope lots of you get out in the sunshine today.

mildmay Tue 15-Apr-14 12:18:52

Speedy i have a few spots appearing as well on face and i think we are both on first fec t .Gardening today so hopefully will sleep abit tonight.
Hope everyone has managed to get logged back in.

difficultpickle Tue 15-Apr-14 12:36:58

I've spent the last couple of days changing my passwords on everything and I'm now worried I won't remember them all!

Off back into hospital this afternoon. Delayed by a day so I could take ds to the dentist to have some work done (no enamel on some teeth because of loads of antibiotics when he was little). He ended up having a complete meltdown not helped by the dentist saying at aged 9 ds should be acting like a grown up (dentist is new and young). I took ds home and then he went for a cycle ride took himself back to the dentist and booked an appointment for tomorrow! I hope he goes through with it this time.

Hope everyone has a lovely sunny afternoon.

Speedypenguin Tue 15-Apr-14 13:18:47

Thinking of you difficult pickle. Good luck with your stay.

Mildmay- yes, have had first fec-t. Coming through haze now. Enjoy your gardening. My dad has taken my boys for a day out and I want to go too but not quite enough energy yet!

In fact, off for a quick nap now as awake at 3 for a bit.

Wren48 Tue 15-Apr-14 13:30:31

pickle your dentist does sound definitely young and inexperienced - in what possible universe is that response going to help someone in real distress? Mind you, it sounds as though your son has impressive resources: good for him.

speedy, I've not had the spots myself, but know others on chemo who have found themselves coping with adolescent skin, much to their indignation.

wineoclocktimeye Tue 15-Apr-14 17:31:36

Arrhh - this new password business has been driving me mad, for some reason I couldn't log in on my old name so have reregistered (leaving the last letter off!) so anyone who has PM'ed me, sorry I've lost them all!

Had last tax yesterday, which seems a bit unreal tbh, I'm sure it will sink in when I feel a bit better again - anyone know how long that will take?? (will be nice to taste food again!)

Hope your stay goes ok pickle and that everyone is enjoying the sunshine.

foofooyeah Tue 15-Apr-14 17:34:12

speedy is is spots or a rash? I had an allergic reaction to some drugs while on chemo so keep an eye on it.

Honeybear9 Tue 15-Apr-14 18:48:54

Well the phone rang & I've had first chemo today!! Had cold cap too for four long hours...... Feel very strange now & waiting for se to kick in
Hope everyone's been enjoying the sunshine

foofooyeah Tue 15-Apr-14 19:18:40

Yes, you do that, sit there eating to feel sick or just 'different'
Hope you get off lightly

foofooyeah Tue 15-Apr-14 19:20:14

Got results from node clearance, cancer found in 2 lymph nodes (quite high up) and surrounding fatty tissue. So see Onc next week and audio will have to be up to my collar bone.

Ah foo that's a bummer

Speedypenguin Tue 15-Apr-14 21:05:49

foo foo- definitely spots (some with heads on-yuck!). Feel like I'm back ten years when it was bad before! Sorry to hear lymph nodes had cancer. Do you have radiotherapy now?

Honey- hope it's not too bad for you.

Have just come back from a friends who made a lovely tea. My 'care in the community' package has been wonderful :-)

foofooyeah Tue 15-Apr-14 21:15:06

Yes radio next .... Not audio like I put in my post grin

To be honest was expecting it as every time i go to the hospital the news is a bit worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now