Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

obscure q re Rombergs test

(2 Posts)
LeapingOverTheWall Mon 17-Mar-14 21:22:43

I saw a neurologist today and had what I thought was a positive Romberg test (in that I fell backwards when standing up with my eyes closed). But when I did the same thing but touched my nose with alternate hands, I didn't fall backwards.

The neurologist is a bit non-communicative (although is sending me for more tests), so I thought I'd try here - does this mean the first test wasn't a true positive, and I'm somehow making it happen? I do have a complicated set of symptoms which we're gradually unpicking as being due to different separate causes, some of which are stress/anxiety, so I'd be really grateful if anyone can clarify what might be going on.

Thanks!

LeapingOverTheWall Tue 18-Mar-14 11:32:37

anyone? Or is it too obscure for MN shock? --or just boring--grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now