Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why am I so damn tired all the time?

(6 Posts)
Jamjars22 Mon 17-Mar-14 19:45:40

I am always always just so tired. What am I doing wrong? Have a semi tiring life as work full time, preg and a 2 yo DS but not exceptionally so. Have helpful DH who does lots of housework, sometimes gets up in the night when needed etc. I feel like I eat pretty well, a lot of vegetables, not much processed food at all apart from occasional bread or pasta. Not anaemic. Mostly get good nights of sleep, DS waking up in night at the moment but have been going to bed v early t compensate.

I could do more exercise but how does anyone have the time? I don't watch television much or do any sitting around that I could replace with exercise. I don't have a sedentary lifestyle though (apart from at work, I do sit in front of a computer all day). Walk a lot, do a lot of activities on weekend with DS. I find it so difficult though to do these things and constantly just want to be lying down. Is this just life and everyone with a lot to do feels like this? Or is there something I'm not considering?

Nojustalurker Mon 17-Mar-14 19:47:36

Could you be anemeic? Have you spoke to your midwife about this?

makeminea6x Mon 17-Mar-14 19:51:09

I found my 2nd pregnancy totally exhausting, much worse than 1st even though during 1st I was working full time shifts and in 2nd I did only part-time office hours. I think you probably don't realise how much you do running around after a toddler. But if you are worried you could get your thyroid etc checked?

whereisthewitch Mon 17-Mar-14 19:51:36

Im pregnant with a 2yo and think about bed 95% of the day. I think it's normal tbh. Doesn't help you're up during the night. ..I'm up about 8 times to pee :-/

makeminea6x Mon 17-Mar-14 19:52:31

Also, bit personal but is your mood ok?

Jamjars22 Mon 17-Mar-14 19:56:29

Thanks for responses. Was tested for anaemia as routine preg stuff etc.

My mood is ok. I did have terrible PND after DS was born and had a bit of a worry it was coming back a few weeks ago. But I have been feeling much better since.

It probably is just a being pregnant thing. No matter what I try it won't lift which seems like one of the many delights of pregnancy! But i think i was always really tired before I got pregnant though.

First time around was so much easier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now