Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Problems down there after childbirth

(7 Posts)
lauren6283 Mon 17-Mar-14 18:05:44

I'm really hoping somebody can help.

Ever since I had my son (4 months ago), normal delivery, I have had trouble opening my bowels fully. It feels like I haven't finished and happens every time. I went to the GP and e prescribed lactulose, but I'm still having the same problem, just opening my bowels more often.

Also, I can't seem to insert a tampon any more without it being painful and uncomfortable, and this is the same when my husband and I have tried to make love.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these problems? Is the tampon thing normal after childbirth? Please somebody help!

lauren6283 Mon 17-Mar-14 18:08:30

Forgot to mention a pretty important point, I had a third degree tear.

1966gettingold Mon 17-Mar-14 20:18:40

Prolapse.find the ragged bits thread there will be lots of useful help there.

Le1890 Tue 18-Mar-14 07:50:06

I am having similar problems. Not so much the bowel part (I've for other bloody issues with that though!!)

I'm feeling like I'm leaking urine and also the tampon issue you mentioned. I also had a 3rd degree tear.

I am starting to wonder if I have a prolapse... When I looked online at what a prolapse looks like i can't see same on me lol. But I think there are varying degrees and not always obvious to the untrained eye!

Sorry I can't advise but just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

lauren6283 Tue 18-Mar-14 18:34:53

1966gettingold I couldn't find the thread you suggested but have looked up prolapse on google and that sounds like it could be it. I have to admit I feel like crying at the thought :-(

Le1890 thanks for the reply. Am sorry you're going through the same thing. I've got an appointment with the GP again on Monday and I'm terrified! I hope you get your problems sorted too :-)

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 18-Mar-14 18:39:37

lauren / Le1980 - here is a link to the thread that 1966 referred to:

Littlefish Tue 18-Mar-14 18:43:46

It does sound like you could have a posterior prolapse. Go and see your GP and ask to be referred to a gynaecologist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now