Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Problems down there after childbirth

(7 Posts)
lauren6283 Mon 17-Mar-14 18:05:44

I'm really hoping somebody can help.

Ever since I had my son (4 months ago), normal delivery, I have had trouble opening my bowels fully. It feels like I haven't finished and happens every time. I went to the GP and e prescribed lactulose, but I'm still having the same problem, just opening my bowels more often.

Also, I can't seem to insert a tampon any more without it being painful and uncomfortable, and this is the same when my husband and I have tried to make love.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these problems? Is the tampon thing normal after childbirth? Please somebody help!

lauren6283 Mon 17-Mar-14 18:08:30

Forgot to mention a pretty important point, I had a third degree tear.

1966gettingold Mon 17-Mar-14 20:18:40

Prolapse.find the ragged bits thread there will be lots of useful help there.

Le1890 Tue 18-Mar-14 07:50:06

I am having similar problems. Not so much the bowel part (I've for other bloody issues with that though!!)

I'm feeling like I'm leaking urine and also the tampon issue you mentioned. I also had a 3rd degree tear.

I am starting to wonder if I have a prolapse... When I looked online at what a prolapse looks like i can't see same on me lol. But I think there are varying degrees and not always obvious to the untrained eye!

Sorry I can't advise but just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

lauren6283 Tue 18-Mar-14 18:34:53

1966gettingold I couldn't find the thread you suggested but have looked up prolapse on google and that sounds like it could be it. I have to admit I feel like crying at the thought :-(

Le1890 thanks for the reply. Am sorry you're going through the same thing. I've got an appointment with the GP again on Monday and I'm terrified! I hope you get your problems sorted too :-)

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 18-Mar-14 18:39:37
Littlefish Tue 18-Mar-14 18:43:46

It does sound like you could have a posterior prolapse. Go and see your GP and ask to be referred to a gynaecologist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now