Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mirena causing this?

(2 Posts)
Allfurcoatandnoknickers Mon 17-Mar-14 12:49:50

Had mirena fitted two years ago to help with bad periods. I'm menopausal so take 25mg oestrogen patch too.
The periods are virtually non-existent now, which clearly is a big positive, but I seem to be getting more migraine type headaches, feeling hungry, and this weekend have had sharp abdominal pains.
One of my GPs phoned me for a quick consultation as I can't get in til Friday for an appointment. She 'doubts very much' that the symptoms are a. Linked and b. Caused by the Mirena, and basically told me to focus on the positives.....hmmmm....
Anyone else had this after mirena been fitted for a while?

mamicar Mon 17-Mar-14 21:41:43

shock yes!! mine was fitted about 2.5 yrs ago. migraines started sept (bad to the point I now have injections to take.

sharp pains started in tummy yesterday...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now