Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

<Miranda Voice> Discharge..

(11 Posts)
MrsSippie Mon 17-Mar-14 10:26:01

So, I have a discharge and had a swab last week. It's really not very nice - *TMI alert*: thin greeny white and itchy. Anyway, I have been asked to see the special lady doctor on Friday but have been feeling really rubbish and run down since I noticed it. I'm worried it's an infection that needs treating or even something sinister - would it be left for so long if it was??

I'm 'of an age' and think it may be menopause related, but really not sure. Never had anything like this before sad <v worried>

Bonsoir Mon 17-Mar-14 10:28:10

I expect some antibiotics will clear it up. FWIW my DD had a discharge issue about 3 years ago and needed antibiotics.

piratecat Mon 17-Mar-14 10:31:07

Gardeneralla? (Bacterial Vaginosis). fishy? anti b's will sort it. don't worry x

MrsSippie Mon 17-Mar-14 10:31:14

Thanks. I hope so, I guess if it was bad I'd be seen sooner sad

exWifebeginsat40 Mon 17-Mar-14 10:43:24

i've had BV and it was as you describe. antibiotics sorted it but be warned - you'll get Metronidazole which is the antibiotic you absolutely cannot drink on. plus it tastes horrid and makes me burp.

MrsSippie Mon 17-Mar-14 10:48:45

I had metronidazole recently - luckily I don't drink!

I've managed to change my apt to Wednesday, hopefully all is ok. I just feel so rubbish as well as oozing gunk grin

Megbeth Mon 17-Mar-14 11:09:24

I was going to say it sounds like BV too. Hope you find out what's causing it & get the right treatment.

MrsSippie Mon 17-Mar-14 11:24:48

Thanks smile

MrsSippie Mon 17-Mar-14 16:55:36

Well my gp called me and said I have a strep infection and thrush - nice! I have got some a/b cream and canestan so hopefully all will be well. Phew - I was worried. Thanks everyone.

Megbeth Tue 18-Mar-14 09:41:21

Glad you found our what was wrong & it clears up soon.

MrsSippie Tue 18-Mar-14 11:43:42

Feel better already! Not terribly dignified 'inserting' the cream shall we say...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now