Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cystitis like symptoms with a sore back ?

(5 Posts)
Thattimeofyearagain Mon 17-Mar-14 07:37:57

Felt under the weather all weekend, yesterday afternoon I began to have discomfort passing urine, ok I thought, Ill get some Cystitis relief sachets' on the way to the gym , woke up this morning, back feels like someone has hit\kicked me , stomach is really sore & peeing is very uncomfortable.
Gym abandoned, Ive only just managed to drag myself out of bed sad.
Got to go to work ( long story) , do I need to see a doctor or would the cystitis relief sachets be enough ?TIA

AngelinaCongleton Mon 17-Mar-14 07:40:26

When I've had this I've needed antibiotics for a uti.

SunnyL Mon 17-Mar-14 07:41:57

I'd suggest you either have a UTI or a kidney stone. You need to get an appointment with the doctor and take a urine sample with you. If its a UTI they will give you antibiotics and you'll feel amazing once they kick in.

I have a lot of sympathy though. I've had both numerous times and the pain is unreal.

Thattimeofyearagain Mon 17-Mar-14 07:47:40

Thanks, will try to get a Docs appointment for after work today.

Willyoulistentome Mon 17-Mar-14 07:53:36

I had this. Flu like symptoms. Sore back. It was a kidney infection. Antibiotics worked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now