Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I think i've got a period - WTAF???? (i have a mirena coil)

(3 Posts)
LEMmingaround Sun 16-Mar-14 21:24:32

Have had a mirena coil for the past 7 years now (had one replacement) and have had no more than light spotting. Since friday have had blood each time i have wiped, only a minimal amount, not enough to need any sanitary protection but its been since Friday. I am pretty sure its a period, i have been on planet zonk all weekend, close to tears alot of the time and my back and tummy has been sore sad WHYYYYYY have I got my period?? I don't want my period, i want it to fuck off now right to the far side of fucking fuck.

Does anyone else still get periods with the mirena?

The only thing i can think of that has altered is that i have been on a diet for the last ten days and reckon I have lost about 5Ilb.

I get occasional spotting but not really a full blown period

MrsHoolie Sun 16-Mar-14 23:21:06

My periods have completely stopped but some people still have spotting/periods.
How long have you had your current Mirena in for?

I want to have mine swapped for a copper coil as I've had enough of having no sex drive. Dreading the periods again though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now