Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I can't get rid of this headache and it's driving me crazy

(10 Posts)

I've taken 2 paracetamol this morning and had 2 dispersible aspirin a couple of hours ago.

Nothing is shifting it confused

Can I take 2 ibuprofen now? I'm wondering if it's come from neck pain from gardening yesterday.

I'm literally sat in my chair squashing my head between my hands to make it feel better

Middleagedmotheroftwo Fri 14-Mar-14 13:27:39

Have you tried getting a bit of fresh air, or just lying down with your eyes closed for a little while?

Does neck pain give you a headache?

susiedaisy Fri 14-Mar-14 13:28:17

Try a hot shower or a heat pad on your neck. Make you have had plenty of water and some food. Have a lie down. Hope it passes soon. thanks

I was outside gardening in the lovely fresh air earlier earlier but the light was making my head squint.

I've just eaten a bag of cashews in case I needed salt. I can't have a shower yet as the house is full of workmen.

fivecupsoftea Fri 14-Mar-14 13:40:23

When I had a really bad headache a year ago I went to my GP, he took my blood pressure, it was sky high, I think this is what caused it. I could see that my GP thought I might have had a stroke - he asked me if it had come on suddenly - it hadn't - I'd seen on google that if it starts with a sudden bang it might be a stroke. I don't have high blood pressure generally. Maybe you should see your GP - do you generally have high blood pressure?

BIWI Fri 14-Mar-14 13:48:31

Yes, you can take ibuprofen.

Try drinking a cup of strong coffee as well, and go and lie down in a darkened room, and stop looking at the screen!

sunbathe Fri 14-Mar-14 13:51:13

Could you be dehydrated?

tiaramasu Sat 15-Mar-14 19:04:19

Did the headache shift?

Yes it did. I went for a snooze then drank a couple of pints of squash, my face was incredibly dehydrated. Took hours though and had a crap day. I've never had a migraine but I was very light sensitive all day and just squinted.

Thanks all smile

frogslegs35 Sun 16-Mar-14 18:23:26

Was going to say Water and lots of it.
I always drink a minimum of 1.5 litres as soon as I feel a migraine coming on. It usually does the trick.
Dr once told me that a lot of headaches in women are because they're dehydrated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now