Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sore boob

(8 Posts)
curlingandtwirling Wed 12-Mar-14 16:11:27

I have always had slight tenderness relating to cycles, but for the past 10 days or so, it's been horrendous sad. I know I should ring my GP and get it checked but I'm too scared. My mother died of cancer (secondary breast) and I'm terrified that I'll get it. It's irrational not to want to be checked out I know, but I can't summon up the courage to go.

So, has anyone got any ideas re non cyclical mastitis.

I'm 39, never been pg.

I know I'm grapsing at straws, but I've been googling.

Theonlyoneiknow Wed 12-Mar-14 20:32:16

It is both sides or just one? Make an appt to see your GP. At 39 it could very well be perimenopausal breast pain. I have had unexplained left sided breast pain for 18 months. It's really common, best see GP though for reassurance.

Sorry to hear about your mum x

curlingandtwirling Thu 13-Mar-14 12:46:32

thanks theonlyoneiknow. I feel slightly reassured and it does feel less painful today, although I know I'm fooling myself. I also have an odd sensation in my lower shoulder which I could be related? Maybe it's muscular?

I'm terrified. I need to pluck up the courage before ringing GP.

Theonlyoneiknow Thu 13-Mar-14 14:27:42

When my pain started the GP did think it was muscular so referred me to an osteo which definitely helped. The waiting for an appt is the worst bit, call up and make an appt now and you will feel better. Thats the first step.x

clippityclop Fri 14-Mar-14 16:57:03

I was recommended by gp to take high dose evening promise oil after being investigated for breast pain, clear mammogram. Works a treat. Hopes you feel better soon.

curlingandtwirling Mon 17-Mar-14 15:33:03

thanks for your replies.

I have not been to see my GP, although I think I may still make an appointment as I can't bear the thought that it will happen again next month.

AF arrived yesterday. Pain stopped completely today. confused hmm

I will stock up on evening primrose oil.

I have to admit I'm slightly concerned as I've been TTC for over 5 years and the menopause is mentioned quite frequently when I google.

Theonlyoneiknow Mon 17-Mar-14 15:34:35

Have you had any tests done like LH and FSH or day 21 bloods ?

curlingandtwirling Tue 18-Mar-14 15:34:35

yes, although a while ago now. We had all the tests, but we don't meet the criteria for treatment on NHS (another story!).
All came back ok, but I never really got the actual readings.
I'm going to keep a chart and see how I go on this month. I really don't want to suffer like that again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now