Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lost a filling - how long until it hurts?

(5 Posts)
PsychicPaper Sun 09-Mar-14 08:08:41

I seem to have lost part of a filling overnight.

Right now there is no pain at all (just the niggly sensation that something in my mouth has changes iykwim?)

I don't have time to see a dentist this week, am I going to be in agony later?

Brittapieandchips Sun 09-Mar-14 08:12:33

I've been without a large filling for 3 years now (long waiting list for sedation, moved house, dentist messed up referral) and it only hurts if I actually poke things into the hole, ie when I brush it.

You can buy home tooth repair kits to do a temp filling to stop it getting worse. Try Boots.

scarlettsmummy2 Sun 09-Mar-14 08:22:06

I lost a filling last Sunday alongside part of my tooth. Not hurt yet, but going to the dentist on Friday.

Brittapieandchips Sun 09-Mar-14 08:27:21

It's not so much the fillingless teeth - one has snapped and doesn't hurt at all, the other only hurts when O poke the hole. I think my entire mouth has gone wrong though.

PsychicPaper Sun 09-Mar-14 11:15:10

Ugh, Ok thanks for the tips, will corss my fingers it will be ok for a week, and get it done after

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now