Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Yellow whites of eyes. a worry?

(7 Posts)
SadFreak Sun 09-Mar-14 07:28:30

Yesterday I had something in my eye. When I looked in the mirror to get it out I noticed that when I pulled the bottom of my eye down the white was quite yellow. I checked the other eye and it was the same. Its not visible in the normal eye whites just when I pull my eyelids up or down.
I started to feel a bit under the weather and tired just before Xmas but put this down to the pre xmas rushing about. Just after Xmas I found out my husband had been cheating and so it's been a stressful time where I have niot been sleeping at all well and Iam currently feeling very run down.

Should I be worried? I don't want to Google.
Any idea of what this could be? Does this warrent a trip to the Dr's or do I just need to get on top of my sleep and well being?

NoIamAngelaHernandez Sun 09-Mar-14 07:35:40

I would go to the docs.
Yellow eyes can be a sign of liver issues.

Pontouf Sun 09-Mar-14 07:38:15

Yes definitely go to GP, could be a sign of problems with your liver.

TheSteveMilliband Sun 09-Mar-14 07:38:43

Go get it checked out. It may be quite innocuous (something called Gilbert's syndrome) but easily checked with a blood test.

Bumpiemalumpie Sun 09-Mar-14 07:40:47

its most likely nothing but possibly anaemia. Go get check for peace of mind

Twighlightsparkle Sun 09-Mar-14 07:43:53

Probably normal, if an issue I thinknitvwoudnt just be under the eyelid, it would be all over the white o th eye. However a quick blood test can rule out any probs

jungletoes Sun 09-Mar-14 07:53:16

It is most likely low iron, but get it checked. I felt under-par for months and it turned out to be anaemia.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now