Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Pregnant? or something else?

(5 Posts)
DragonMamma Sat 08-Mar-14 08:30:39

I came off the pill a year ago and we've been using condoms ever since. My cycle is around 30-31 days and like clockwork.

I had a period on Xmas eve and then I vaguely remember one towards the end of January, beginning of February. I say vaguely remember, I know I had one around my usual time but I was off work with pneumonia at the time and things were a bit hazy.

I went back to work on 10th February and I know I wasn't on when I returned anyway.

We used condoms every time apart from on the Sunday 23rd Feb when I thought I was due in the following few days.

But there's been no sign of my period, I tested on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday but all bfn.

So any ideas? I have never skipped a period in my whole adult life, apart from when pregnant with my DCs. Shall I test again? I thought that Wednesday's test would be conclusive because it was 10 days after unprotected sex but I could be wrong?

Do you go to the Drs in situations like these? I'm slightly concerned because it is so out of the norm for me. Could there be another reason I would just skip a period?

brettgirl2 Sat 08-Mar-14 15:47:03

I'd have thought 10 days after it could very easily be negative

brettgirl2 Sat 08-Mar-14 15:50:51

and also remember feb is only 28 days. Therefore if by beginning of Feb you mean the 5th for example it could still be on the way/ couple of days out.
If you've only been off the pill for a year I don't see how you can be that certain of your regularity tbh....

DragonMamma Sat 08-Mar-14 18:45:14

I've been on and off the pill for years, they turn me in to a PMT driven witch so I have had spells where I haven't been using oral contraceptives and my cycles have always been the same in length.

I did a cheap test again this afternoon and it was definitely negative so almost 2 weeks after DTD.

Is there a point where I should go to the Drs to see if there's any other cause? I had an op to remove a massive ovarian cyst 2 years ago and so am wondering if something has cropped up again?

DragonMamma Sat 08-Mar-14 18:48:26

Oh and I'm fairly sure I came on when it was still January and it ticked over in to Feb. I would have been paranoid to skip a whole month and I know it came around about when I was expecting with no panicking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now