Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it all coil related or am I imagining it?

(7 Posts)
CoilRegret Sat 08-Mar-14 08:28:14

Forgive me, but it's long wink

I had a copper coil inserted almost 5 years ago, after DC3

Between children, PND, & trying to move, I never put it all together. Coil just removed in A&E following PID diagnosis, and I'm starting to feel normal again.

So how many of these symptoms over last 5 years are coil related?

Back pain
Thin, yellow discharge, every time I had a swab told it was 'just' BV
Swollen upper abdomen
Migraines
Chronic sinusitis
Depression
Insomnia
No sex drive
Suicidal thoughts
Ovulation pain

I've been on anti depressants, anti histamines, steroid nasal sprays, & near constantly taking painkillers.

flow4 Sat 08-Mar-14 09:29:07

I don't know about the depression and sinusitis, but the rest of it could be. I had my coil removed after 7 years, following a year or so of similar problems and a strong hunch that they were caused by the coil tho the doc said they couldn't be... It came out obviously infected or contaminated... And I felt almost immediately better.
Hope you go from strength to strength now. smile

RandomMess Sat 08-Mar-14 09:31:00

It's a foreign body in a sensitive place, logically it's going to affect some woman far more than others. I had the mirena and I felt shit with it - incredibly low hormones in it but I think it was more the foreign body element.

hiddenhome Sat 08-Mar-14 19:17:55

My copper coil caused chronic back pain and my hair fell out.

I was fine once it was removed.

IamMummyhearmeROAR Sat 08-Mar-14 20:54:53

I have a constant strong smelling discharge which only started with the Mirena 2 years ago. I feel constantly damp. So I'm with you on the discharge thing.

CoilRegret Mon 24-Mar-14 15:39:16

So, I'm back a couple of weeks later, still feeling awful, hating my gps, & with a referral to adult mental health.

I really don't feel I am imagining this.

I feel awful. Have been in hospital, a&e 3 times and as an gynae ward inpatient. I've been on iv antibiotics, took home 3 different antibiotics when eventually escaped/released. 10mg amitriptyline to help me sleep, codeine, and suckness pills.

I've lost my pregnant looking belly, am 2 sizes smaller than I was 3 weeks ago, but have only lost 2-3 kg. I'm exhausted.

And fed up with my GPs who lied to my face & now won't stop calling me.

I've had enough.

CoilRegret Mon 24-Mar-14 15:39:45

Sickness. Not suckness ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now