Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

The surprisingly normal life of the Teacake family

(236 Posts)
tunnocksteacake Tue 04-Mar-14 22:16:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

magimedi Sun 09-Mar-14 22:45:44

Tree house sounds wonderful - but I still vote for a random yellow stripe!

(((xxx)))

PatFenis Sun 09-Mar-14 23:20:23

Great updates Teacake, the tree house sounds magnificent! I raise a glass of wine to many many more years of normality for you all xx

tunnocksteacake Mon 10-Mar-14 21:06:02

tunnocksteacake Mon 10-Mar-14 21:08:40

Wickeddevil Mon 10-Mar-14 21:10:43

Today is a 500 calorie day. May I have a low calorie one? brew
Cheers. Hope you are feeling better after your bath / wine and a good sleep wine

tunnocksteacake Mon 10-Mar-14 21:36:24

tunnocksteacake Mon 10-Mar-14 21:37:17

tunnocksteacake Mon 10-Mar-14 21:38:59

MaudeLynn Mon 10-Mar-14 21:50:08

Happy to ignore several household tasks in solidarity.

Enjoy your G&T and if your DD is anything like mine she won't sleep through even in a single bed grin

If you drink enough gin, you'll she'll sleep though wink

And I'm not looking round my phone to see the state of the house, all in solidarity natch.

tunnocksteacake Mon 10-Mar-14 22:01:45

tunnocksteacake Mon 10-Mar-14 22:12:43

magimedi Mon 10-Mar-14 22:20:44

I am not in your vile situation, but I fight the black dog of depression on a daily basis & people are amazed when I tell them that.

Some of us, somehow (& no prizes for it) manage to do it & I suspect you are one of those that will continue to do so.

No harm in going to see your GP & asking for a little help, Tunnocks. I had a year on citralopram when I knew I reached the end of holding it all together & maybe, just maybe, you could do with a bit of chemical help.

I had a wine tonight - did not know it was in solidarity with you so might have to have one tomorrow instead (as well)!

I so hope you get a good sleep tonight!

(((xxx)))

tunnocksteacake Mon 10-Mar-14 22:31:58

tunnocksteacake Mon 10-Mar-14 22:32:57

magimedi Mon 10-Mar-14 22:37:40

I'm not bloody surprised you resent the situation. Anyone would.

As your lovely DH is doing so well I think you should talk to him about having a lie in - NEXT WEEKEND.

You & DH seem to be amazingly capable of normalising a very unnormal situation & therefore you should ask for a lie in.

I suspect he'd be only too pleased to do this for you & would probably be delighted to be asked for what is normal, ie a lie in for Mum. IYSWIM! grin

Possibly, just possibly, you need to stop coping so well, just a tad!

(((xxx)))

tunnocksteacake Mon 10-Mar-14 22:40:54

tunnocksteacake Mon 10-Mar-14 22:41:17

magimedi Tue 11-Mar-14 08:00:59

OK - he's exonerated, hope you had a good sleep last night!

That sounds so very tough dude. I have no practical advice, other than Yorkshire Tea, I'm afraid, but I am thinking of you and wishing at least a couple of nights of toddler sleep.

nearlyreadyforstatelyhomes Tue 11-Mar-14 13:51:20

Tunnocks, do what you need to do, but you please don't feel obliged to put a brave face on. No one will think any less of you if you crumble.

MaudeLynn Tue 11-Mar-14 16:56:43

Tunnocks - have you tried letting people know exactly how they can help? They might see you coping and think you don't want any interference so are afraid to upset you. Just a thought.

homeaway Tue 11-Mar-14 18:22:03

Tunnocks, have not walked your path but I am wondering if you could ask somebody to look after the kids so that you can have an afternoon to yourself . People might be presuming that you don't want help so would not offer it ?
If all else fails, bribery works wonders to gain extra minutes in bed at the weekend.

tunnocksteacake Wed 12-Mar-14 22:16:34

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now