Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fitnote End date. Confused. When does it end?

(6 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Fri 31-Jan-14 09:46:45

My GP has given me a fit note stating I am unfit for work from 28/01/2013 - 4/02/2014. I have already had two weeks off, which started on a Tuesday, and this is my third, and hopefully final week before I am ready to return. The GP considered what date to do it for, then pondered a few minutes and said 'i think it would be better if you don't do a full week on your first week back' and wrote it out. So I guessed he decided Tuesday, rather than returning on Monday.

But, the 4th is a Tuesday so if that date is included does that mean I return to work on 4th or 5th?

Do you even know what I mean? grin

EnlightenedOwl Fri 31-Jan-14 10:17:36

I would say 5th so you would do a three day week but check.

PavlovtheCat Fri 31-Jan-14 10:22:03

That's what I am thinking. And my previous recollections of medical cetificates, which usually say start on the monday, the date it is up to is the friday. Which includes the friday so i return on the monday. Otherwise it would say the Monday as the date it ends if that is the day to return?

It also fits with what the doctor said. I will call the doctors surgery to confirm. I just need to tell my employers what day to expect me back to work and get the date right.

Hopasholic Fri 31-Jan-14 10:22:57

You are unfit up to and including the 4th so back to work on the 5th. That's how I would understand it.

flowery Fri 31-Jan-14 10:23:49

Yes if you are unfit until the 4th, you are fit from the 5th.

PavlovtheCat Fri 31-Jan-14 10:26:00

ok, good. I just needed to check as I don't want to tell my employers I intend to work on wednesday and then find I was meant to be back on Tuesday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now