Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Are there any dentists here please?

(1 Post)
CleoBrown Thu 30-Jan-14 22:31:48

Sorry, I've posted this in Chat too but didn't know if this was the 'proper' place for it?

Feeling v sorry for myself, I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice?

I had really bad jaw/tooth pain before Christmas and went to my dentists who checked my teeth including the one I thought it was, and x-rayed, said nothing was wrong. 2 weeks of agony, doctors and OOH visits where no one could advise and it finally went away after lots of painkillers.

Yesterday, eating an orange a huge part of my tooth broke off it s the same tooth I thought it was, and now I'm stuck - I,m not sure if I trust my dentists enough to call them and ask them to fix it, but I'm in pain now. The tooth has a filling in it already, which is now exposed.

I define ly can't afford anything like the treatment it says on the Internet (crown most possibly) but mostly I'm so so cross I didn't push for a second opinion on my tooth before. I was in so much pain i cried leaving the dentists before Christmas, i didnt argue with them, idiot that i am. I've looked online but private cover won't start for 3 months and if I can't afford 214, I definitely can't afford 500 for private to change dentists.

Does anyone know what might happen if I rebook to see my dentists? What do I say? What will they do?

It's a molar I think it's called, not a front one at least (thank god for small mercies)

Any advice very much appreciated. My poor jaw/ear hurts a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now