Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dc accidentally head butted me in the mouth

(7 Posts)
BadRoly Thu 30-Jan-14 17:57:16

Now one of my top front teeth is numb.

It happened about 15minutes ago. Dc (4) jumped up as I was kneeling down to help him and he caught the tooth with the top of his head.

The dentist shut at 5. There is no blood and my tooth doesn't seem loose but it is definitely numb.

I've taken 2 paracetamol (can't take ibuprofen), have soup for tea anyway, so is there anything else I can or should do other than hope it's all ok and ring my dentist in the morning?

BadRoly Thu 30-Jan-14 18:18:41

Anyone? Please? Will I end up like the woman on the mouthwash advert? shock sad

Rooners Thu 30-Jan-14 18:20:38

You have probably bruised the nerve temporarily (if that's the correct term)

I get that numbness when mine headbutt me regularly

Should be Ok but if it goes grey or wobbles then do go and get it seen to x

BadRoly Thu 30-Jan-14 18:24:21

Thank you Rooners thanks that's the reassurance I needed until I see another adult much later tonight grin

Rooners Thu 30-Jan-14 18:45:14

grin

Mrsmorton Fri 31-Jan-14 14:39:05

OP, hope it's ok. Bruised sounds about right. Almost definitely nothing to worry about. I would mention it at your next check up, no need to be seen before then unless it's causing you problems

MrsBungle Fri 31-Jan-14 14:40:45

My 4 yo knocked my filling out by head butting me a couple of weeks ago! Hope you're ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now