Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

y has mu anxiety returned. need someone to talk to!!!

(9 Posts)
Meganlillymai Wed 29-Jan-14 20:42:32

Hi forum. Over 6 months ago a noticed I had a shotty node. Back then my anxiety was very high! So automatically I thought it was lymphoma! I got my anxiety seen to and ivr been doing great. Latetly me and my daughtet have had a cold wich made me think of my swollen node. Its still there and still thr same size and consistency. So thats good righy? If it was sinister it would have grown in 6 months would it not. Please no one say go to docs as thats y I havr anxiety and I have been about my anxiety also. Nice replys please

Meganlillymai Wed 29-Jan-14 21:27:34

Nobody

helzapoppin2 Wed 29-Jan-14 23:31:08

Hi Megan, I won't read and run! Sorry you are worried, and even sorrier you don't like going to the doctors. I glad you've had help in the past, and that it's worked.
I suffer with anxiety. I've hated doing many things, but sometimes the fear just goes away if you just do them. That sounds like brave talk, but I promise I'm not brave. Can you tell me some more about what's worrying you?

Meganlillymai Wed 29-Jan-14 23:38:31

Just cancdrm I always worry abput every pain every ache I just put it down to something sinister even though I run about from half 8 till half 8 eat like a horse n never grt ill I always hav this thing sayin but what if its lymphoma

helzapoppin2 Thu 30-Jan-14 11:19:41

Is it possible that you feel too much is depending on you being well? Your DD, for instance? So, you nag yourself to bits that something catastrophic might happen, and you won't be able to look after her?
That may be the cause of your health anxiety.
From how you describe yourself you sound to be in good health!

Meganlillymai Thu 30-Jan-14 18:17:09

Always stress over how she would be with her mam. Funny you should say this. I no im in good health really I just look for problems. If Im alone on a night I sit and prod at my neck and stomach and collar bone looking for lumps. Its like im not happy till ive found something else to worry about. My anxiety has balanced out again today

helzapoppin2 Fri 31-Jan-14 13:19:32

Phew! Thank goodness for that!
You sound like you might need to work on your fear of doctors and their surgeries. Maybe go about something minor, and not put it off.
Are you worried you may go there about a small problem, and then get told there's something seriously wrong with you?
If so, I think a lot of people feel like that. It's one of the daft dramas we run through our heads, that hardly ever happens.
It's actually quite important to go about the routine stuff, mammograms, smears etc, because it always helps to catch any potential problems really early.

Meganlillymai Fri 31-Jan-14 21:15:26

I no this I just threat way to much. My lumps shrank again as my colds subsided bit I no next time I get a cold n it swells again ill be anxious again. Im 23 n since 16 ive thought Ive had somethong sinister. But this lump ive got hasnt changed in 6-7 months! Would it have changed by now if it was somthing sinister

helzapoppin2 Sat 01-Feb-14 08:19:30

Megan, I'll be honest with you and say I don't know if it would have changed. The only way to know that is to see a doctor. On the positive side, if you did, it would take away the underlying nagging feeling that something is horribly wrong.
The doctor will take you seriously and not think you are wasting their time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now