Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone get gallstones?

(52 Posts)
Ledkr Tue 28-Jan-14 23:23:43

My attacks are getting closer together and I cannot pinpoint the triggers.
I've had one minor and one recent major op in the last 6 months but I'm starting to think it won't be long till I have to have another.
Anyone find any relief from an attack?
I'd rather have ten labours, being sick a few times seems to ease it off.

InSpaceNooneCanHearYouScream Mon 28-Apr-14 11:50:43

Tips: indigestible food sets mine off, such as thick cheese sandwiches, cold lamb, half cold burgers, that sort of thing. I have found when I start getting twinges that if I drink a glass of wine that can stave it off. ( I think alcohol breaks down the fats in your stomach that are causing your gallbladder to pump out loads of bile). Also Apple juice helps, and a very hot hot water bottle on the area.
And go to sleep sitting it up- the bile duct often blocks when you lay down, causing the full on attack
Good luck, it's horrible. But I haven't had a full on attack for ages- I manage to stave em off with the above

NeverendingPotato Mon 28-Apr-14 11:57:51

70 Do you think it might be infected? I started having more localised pain and pain relief wouldn't work as well at one point so the doctor gave me antibiotics which made it return to the usual food triggers rather than a more constant stab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now