Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain in the bum -sorry tmi

(13 Posts)
greeneyedcat Wed 29-Jan-14 14:22:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

princessalbert Wed 29-Jan-14 11:24:12

Good. It doesn't sound too bad then.

Keep using the cream - and my top tip would be to really keep your diet bowel friendly. Veggies, fruit and water. It all helps to keep you moving. I have even taken to a daily banana - and I loathe them - as I find they have magical properties at making me 'go'.

Hope you soon feel better.

craziedaisy Wed 29-Jan-14 10:55:23

Been to my GP. She examined me and said that it was rather red just inside but there was also a strong collection of veins which could be causing the pain. Given me some ointment to try. Hoping this will help. It contains hydrocortisone which I have heard is good for inflammation..
Thanks for all replies.

princessalbert Wed 29-Jan-14 10:45:36

Oops too late to wish you luck.

Hope it all went well.

I have had lots of issues with piles and skin tags recently. Even a fissure. That was very painful.

GPs see bottoms daily - it's not big deal to them.

I have to go and show mine off this afternoon smile

craziedaisy Wed 29-Jan-14 09:32:20

Thanks all. Have an appointment at 10. So nervous which is not helping my tummy! Had 2 baths already this morning.

fraiserno Tue 28-Jan-14 23:39:45

Piles but also certain foods seem to make the other bit start too plus i had just started drinking coffee again and was getting a liking for it again but that is to be avoided with piles! Have you managed to phine for an appointment crazydaisy lovely name!

greeneyedcat Tue 28-Jan-14 14:23:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Elderberri Tue 28-Jan-14 14:09:49

Get a mirror, google images if you dare. Lol. Or just go the docs.

craziedaisy Tue 28-Jan-14 13:39:53

Thanks for replies. Can I ask what yours turned out to be fraiserno

fraiserno Tue 28-Jan-14 13:35:52

You need a doctor. I had very similar and doctor was very kind and thoughtful at putting me at ease so much so that i did not feel at all embarrassed which was so surprising after worrying about going along even receptionist was amazing when i said i would prefer a female doctor and did not ask what the problem was. Go to you doctor.

Elderberri Tue 28-Jan-14 13:31:33

Squits

Elderberri Tue 28-Jan-14 13:30:53

Piles can be internal and hang out of you bum, or the can be external and on the rim of your anus. I think the burning is prob coming from the squints, piles tend to itch a lot. Have you tried pile cream. Lots of cheese is a killer for my piles. You need a gp.

craziedaisy Tue 28-Jan-14 13:26:59

I know I must make a doctors appointment but just wondered if anyone can calm me down as I beginning to think I have something awful. I have had a burning feeling in my rectum since Christmas. Some days worse than others. When I lie down it feels better. Yesterday I discovered that I have a sore swollen (maybe lump) area just to the one side of my hole. I don't think it is pile as it is underneath the skin if you see what I mean. I have very loose stools that I have to run to do every morning but this is not a new symptom and food always seems to go through me within 12 hours. I was told as a teenager that I had a intolerance to dairy that showed up in a allergy blood test. I never gave up dairy completely because I thought that I could tolerate a small amount but recently I have been drinking yakult and eating more cheese, yoghurts etc. I am now on day 2 of no dairy hoping that this will make a difference. Anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now