Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain in the bum -sorry tmi

(13 Posts)
greeneyedcat Wed 29-Jan-14 14:22:20

Well done for getting it checked out, you must be very relieved. Hope the ointment works quickly.

princessalbert Wed 29-Jan-14 11:24:12

Good. It doesn't sound too bad then.

Keep using the cream - and my top tip would be to really keep your diet bowel friendly. Veggies, fruit and water. It all helps to keep you moving. I have even taken to a daily banana - and I loathe them - as I find they have magical properties at making me 'go'.

Hope you soon feel better.

craziedaisy Wed 29-Jan-14 10:55:23

Been to my GP. She examined me and said that it was rather red just inside but there was also a strong collection of veins which could be causing the pain. Given me some ointment to try. Hoping this will help. It contains hydrocortisone which I have heard is good for inflammation..
Thanks for all replies.

princessalbert Wed 29-Jan-14 10:45:36

Oops too late to wish you luck.

Hope it all went well.

I have had lots of issues with piles and skin tags recently. Even a fissure. That was very painful.

GPs see bottoms daily - it's not big deal to them.

I have to go and show mine off this afternoon smile

craziedaisy Wed 29-Jan-14 09:32:20

Thanks all. Have an appointment at 10. So nervous which is not helping my tummy! Had 2 baths already this morning.

fraiserno Tue 28-Jan-14 23:39:45

Piles but also certain foods seem to make the other bit start too plus i had just started drinking coffee again and was getting a liking for it again but that is to be avoided with piles! Have you managed to phine for an appointment crazydaisy lovely name!

greeneyedcat Tue 28-Jan-14 14:23:11

I posted on your last thread, please get yourself to a doctor to put your mind at rest. Not wishing to alarm you but if this I'd something needing treatment you need to get on with it. Chances are its not serious but please don't put off the doctors because of embarrassment. Good luck.

Elderberri Tue 28-Jan-14 14:09:49

Get a mirror, google images if you dare. Lol. Or just go the docs.

craziedaisy Tue 28-Jan-14 13:39:53

Thanks for replies. Can I ask what yours turned out to be fraiserno

fraiserno Tue 28-Jan-14 13:35:52

You need a doctor. I had very similar and doctor was very kind and thoughtful at putting me at ease so much so that i did not feel at all embarrassed which was so surprising after worrying about going along even receptionist was amazing when i said i would prefer a female doctor and did not ask what the problem was. Go to you doctor.

Elderberri Tue 28-Jan-14 13:31:33

Squits

Elderberri Tue 28-Jan-14 13:30:53

Piles can be internal and hang out of you bum, or the can be external and on the rim of your anus. I think the burning is prob coming from the squints, piles tend to itch a lot. Have you tried pile cream. Lots of cheese is a killer for my piles. You need a gp.

craziedaisy Tue 28-Jan-14 13:26:59

I know I must make a doctors appointment but just wondered if anyone can calm me down as I beginning to think I have something awful. I have had a burning feeling in my rectum since Christmas. Some days worse than others. When I lie down it feels better. Yesterday I discovered that I have a sore swollen (maybe lump) area just to the one side of my hole. I don't think it is pile as it is underneath the skin if you see what I mean. I have very loose stools that I have to run to do every morning but this is not a new symptom and food always seems to go through me within 12 hours. I was told as a teenager that I had a intolerance to dairy that showed up in a allergy blood test. I never gave up dairy completely because I thought that I could tolerate a small amount but recently I have been drinking yakult and eating more cheese, yoghurts etc. I am now on day 2 of no dairy hoping that this will make a difference. Anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now