Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

acute bronchitis

(17 Posts)
walterwhiteswife Mon 20-Jan-14 09:55:19

Thank you. ive been on them 3 days and finally getting a bit better. But found this morning the cold air made me wheezy againsad

Musicaltheatremum Sun 19-Jan-14 21:59:00

Bronchitis is usually viral hence the reason antibiotics don't work although I often give them just in case. Inhalers can work and if bad a short course of steroids.

darjeelingdarling Sun 19-Jan-14 10:00:30

oh no sad is it still being called bronchitis? hope you get well soon. thanks thanks

think I've turned a corner but going to Dr on Monday to be sure

walterwhiteswife Sun 19-Jan-14 00:12:35

ive been put on steroids sad

darjeelingdarling Fri 17-Jan-14 09:36:36

well the 'clog' in lower lungs not shifting and still feel quite weak.

day 5 of antibiotics and it should be starting to surely?

walterwhiteswife Thu 16-Jan-14 10:15:43

and you too babe xx

darjeelingdarling Thu 16-Jan-14 08:17:48

ah good, I have found inhaler works.

I don't seem to be shifting the clog in my lower lungs so far but I guess it's only been 3 days here.

hope you feel better soon smile

walterwhiteswife Thu 16-Jan-14 08:09:57

hey yes I have to finish antibiotics and if no better go for chest xray. she gave me a inhaler too x

darjeelingdarling Wed 15-Jan-14 21:13:36

hope you got some answers?

walterwhiteswife Wed 15-Jan-14 13:27:48

ive got an appointment at 430 so hopefully can find out what's wrong

darjeelingdarling Wed 15-Jan-14 12:29:03

I was given the inhaler to open up my airways more, I must admit I can feel the very lower parts of my lungs are 'soggy'. never experienced it before and I don't have asthma

walterwhiteswife Wed 15-Jan-14 10:31:48

That's exactly how I feel but I wasn't given an inhaler. if there is no improvement by tomorrow will go back to gp

darjeelingdarling Wed 15-Jan-14 10:18:56

I'm wondering this - had a cough over xmas, seemed better then felt totally spaced at work last week, started wheezing at the weekend and given antibiotics on Monday. and an inhaler ?

not getting or feeling any better and cracking getting worse. doesn't hurt though ?

never ever had anything like this

walterwhiteswife Tue 14-Jan-14 19:23:20

thanks cupcake. I just cant seem to shake it. hope you feel better soon

cupcakelover1983 Tue 14-Jan-14 19:10:02

I can't tell you the difference but I can sympathise. I have had exactly the same thing - even the same antibiotics. The clarythromycin (sp) seemed to start working after 2 days but I've been on them since Friday and still not feeling brilliant. Managing back at work though!

walterwhiteswife Tue 14-Jan-14 13:52:57

Anyone? feel like crap anyone know how long it takes to kick in?

walterwhiteswife Tue 14-Jan-14 13:37:57

had a chest infection diagnosed last friday and given amoxycillin. by monday cough got worse so I went back to drs and was given claryithmicin (sp) and she said it was probably acute bronchitis. whats the difference and why am rattling when I breathe??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now