Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sudden very painful breast

(8 Posts)

Woke up this morning with very sore left breast, very tender to touch towards the front and areola area.

Obviously all sorts going thro my mind! I am 46, very erratic periods and trying not to panic but not had such painful breasts since I was pregnant etc (and am definitely not pregnant!)

Does pain = sinister??

lucsnowe Sun 12-Jan-14 23:43:37

Could you have mastitis? Apparently anyone can get it, ie not just breast feeding women. Do you feel generally unwell? See your gp tomorrow, but do try not to worry.

Thanks for replying lucsnowe. Mastitis crossed my mind too, tho I don't think I fit the normal criteria i.e breastfeeding. Don't feel unwell as such but not 100% either. GP tomorrow probably not possible but guess I could try - feel like I'm there a lot at the moment! hmm

lucsnowe Mon 13-Jan-14 22:37:37

Hi friendly, any news? Did you see the gp today? How are you feeling? X

Hi Lucsnowe, not seen my Gp today but have booked a mammogram for next Tue. Still sore and tender tho I guess not as bad as yesterday hmm Sounds pathetic but I have such a busy week, trying to fit in a GP's appt will be quite hard but I know l need to!!

Thanks so much for checking on me!! flowers

lucsnowe Tue 14-Jan-14 22:30:53

Let us know how the mammogram goes. I didn't know you could just book one without being referred? If you are less sore than before, I would say (but know nothing) that should be a good sign.

I am lucky enough to have a charity run Breast care unit near to where I live and for a donation you can have a full mammogram and check with a nurse, had one before about 18 months ago, so off there again.

It's not sore at all now smile but will still go to the appointment and let you know.

Again, thanks so much for your concern and advice/hand holding flowers

Just in case you're about lucsnowe - mammogram came back all clear! smile Thanks again flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now