Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Periods after fibroid removal and endometrial ablation

(4 Posts)
newstarticus Sun 12-Jan-14 22:53:15

I had this procedure done in November and thought it had gone well. Only a very light period in December. However, started another period last week which has become heavy and clotting, although ao far not the really bad flooding I had before.

Feeling a bit gutted to be honest - I was expecting my periods to be practically non existent. Anyone else had this experience?

Thanks

fitflopqueen Mon 13-Jan-14 05:31:30

Yes. I had same procedure 4 yrs ago, flooding returned within 2 months But clots not as severe. Fibroids regrown too. Booked in for hysterectomy next week as I have had enough!
Don't leave it as long as me, wish i had gone back straightaway to get sorted out.

howmuchworse Mon 13-Jan-14 07:40:30

Think it needs about 3 months to settle down properly, so this doesn't necessarily mean the worst. I had one heavy one but nearly a year down the line that was the only bad one and the rest have been a doddle!

newstarticus Mon 13-Jan-14 17:39:50

Thanks for your responses. I'm hoping this is a one off but I guess I need to wait and see. I'll give the clinic a ring in the meantime and see what they think, as I don't have a follow up appointment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now