Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Kidney infection? UTI?

(11 Posts)
StolenStollen Sat 11-Jan-14 22:33:23

I've had stomach pain on both sides of my tummy button since last night. It feels as though someone is twisting something ifyswim? Tender to press as sell.
Tonight, I've had pain in my back around the kidney area. Burns to wee, urine is cloudy.

I think I've either a UTI or a kidney infection. I'll go to the walk in clinic tomorrow - does it sound like either of those infections? I've been drinking water and cranberry juice all day.

Thank you.

StolenStollen Sat 11-Jan-14 22:53:06

*well not sell

you are doing the right thing cranberry juice and plenty of water.
did you go to walk in clinic op?
I sympathise know how it feels.

StolenStollen Sun 12-Jan-14 22:33:37

Went to the walk in clinc, no sign of infection in urine. To take a sample to my doctor tomorrow and if I get worse to go back.
I'm in pain still.

hiddenhome Sun 12-Jan-14 23:54:09

When my infections head upwards and affect the kidney, the urinary symptoms disappear and my urine looks normal. Do you have a fever and nausea because those are classic kidney infection symptoms as well as pain?

StolenStollen Mon 13-Jan-14 09:46:47

I do have fever but no nausea. Got a doctors appointment for later after work but I feel so shocking I might go home soon, can't focus because of the pain.

hiddenhome Mon 13-Jan-14 10:53:47

Hope you get some treatment soon.

StolenStollen Mon 13-Jan-14 16:50:27

I've been given antibiotics. 2 a day for 3 days. No improvement to go back.
Heats helping my back pain. It's a waiting game now.

hiddenhome Mon 13-Jan-14 20:45:04

Hope you feel better soon. I think you might need a longer course of antibiotics if it's gone onto your kidneys though. What have you been given?

StolenStollen Tue 14-Jan-14 22:36:47

Trymethoprim hidden, 200g. If no better Thursday, I'll be back asking for more.

Sparklymommy Wed 15-Jan-14 15:34:34

Similar problem here sad

I'm in so much pain and there is definitely blood in my urine. I just want to curl up in a ball and sob. No such luck with four children though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now