Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

5 week old cough

(2 Posts)
SillyTilly123 Thu 26-Dec-13 23:06:34

I've had this cough for almost 5 weeks. It started as a tickly cough but is now a chesty cough. I'm a non-smoker and not in any pain with it, its just annoying. I'd hate to waste the doctors time at this time of year so wondering what else it could be if not a chest infection (im assuming they're painful?) and very unlikely to be cancer. Could I have had 2 virus' one after the other?

Chances are it'd be 2 weeks for an appointment but ill try in the morning anyhow...

5HundredUsernamesLater Fri 27-Dec-13 13:28:27

I would say get it checked as its been hanging around so long. It is hopefully nothing but I know someone who had an annoying cough for a while and it was a actually due to decreased kidney function. Took a while to diagnose and was successfully treated but the sooner you see somone the better. Hope you get it sorted and are feeling better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now