Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

vomiting blood

(6 Posts)
Route666 Wed 25-Dec-13 22:24:25

apologies if this is the wrong section for this, I am 33 weeks pregnant and have been unwell for nearly 3 weeks.
It has been mostly a cough and being sick after nearly every meal neither of these have concerned my majorly but today after lovely xmas dinner I was sick repeatedly and last time it was lots of just blood (it had what looked like clots in it ) sorry for tmi. Obviously I am freaking out about it but wont be able to call doctor until friday , any idea what it could be?

IHeartIona Wed 25-Dec-13 22:25:43

Op can you call 111 for advice?

Route666 Wed 25-Dec-13 22:30:00

I will once dd is in bed trying not to worry her , was pretty freaked out when i seen it though. I have felt fine otherwise today and cough has pretty much gone which worrys me more atleast if it was after coughing fit could put it down to that , scared to call incase thy want me to go get checked out just now its imposible tonight .

Megbeth Thu 26-Dec-13 01:52:03

You really need to be checked. It could be a stomach ulcer.

Route666 Thu 26-Dec-13 18:30:42

just thought i should update , I phoned nhs 24 this
morning then went to out of hours they think its a
stomach ulcer , they wanted me to stay in hospital
but agreeed to let me go home as long as i go
straight back if any more blood or if i feel unwell,
got tablets so hopefully they do the trick smile.

Megbeth Sat 28-Dec-13 08:26:28

Glad to hear you got seen. I did think stomach ulcer. Hope the tablets help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now