Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sex after c section.

(20 Posts)

Why in gods name does it hurt so much and what do I do now?

A) Never do it again?
B) grit my teeth and endure the pain (hoping that after the first time it is pain free?
C) feck knows!

InPursuitOfOblivion Wed 25-Dec-13 21:54:13

More info needed! How many days/weeks/months pp are you?
What kind of pain and when?
Emergency or elective section?

FannyFifer Wed 25-Dec-13 21:57:16

Ummmm I don't think having sex is a great plan if you have just had a section.

6 weeks
Elective
Sort of tightness and burning pain. Like not enough room for DH!! blush

Jbck Wed 25-Dec-13 22:03:23

It took me a long time after section as I was worried about scar but no change down below.

Think you need to mention to GP or HV at your six week check.

Oooohhhh was hoping this was normal.

Awful tear and corrective surgery after dc2 so was expecting it to be easier this time around!

footyfan Wed 25-Dec-13 22:07:20

I had this with mine as well. Not to depress you - but it took about 9 months to feel like normal again.

I still have no idea why it felt like that. What the hell do they do to you during a section?!

Meglet Wed 25-Dec-13 22:09:19

I tried it 6 weeks after my EMCS and planned CS. Very carefully though, more of an MOT to check everything was as it should be. It was ok, I didn't get any tightness or burning.

When is your 6 week check?

RhondaJean Wed 25-Dec-13 22:09:40

Doesn't sound normal to me, I was fine after a week, I never felt even discomfort. Mention it at your 6 week check up?

6 week check on 3rd January.

I was so hoping would be easy after birth this time. sad

9 months!! We hoping to ttc next October !!

Mrswellyboot Wed 25-Dec-13 22:12:11

Hello, I was going to post this myself. I am the same but it is much better now three months on. Was very sore and tight (tmi). GP said it goes back to normal. Did you go through labour first? I read that your muscles contract but because you didn't give birth naturally. I don't know if that is true, gp didn't really think it was that.

No, no labour.

Poor DH he was do good for so long last time. I think he thought we'd be swinging from the chandeliers by now!

Mrswellyboot Wed 25-Dec-13 22:14:08

Sorry see now elective.

schmee Wed 25-Dec-13 22:19:26

Are you bf? That can cause you to "dry up"

Am like the Sahara them.
Dd is attached to boob for at least. 6 hours a day!

hugoagogo Wed 25-Dec-13 22:21:52

I think we waited for about 4 months and then it was fine, less than 6 weeks seems a bit brave, since you were so recently nearly cut in half!

congrats btw smile

Ooooohhhh sounds quite brave being cut in half!

Maybe should lay off the 'proper' sex till a few more months have passed.

DH will be cross having gone to the supermarket and purchased condoms. He was appalled that he had to take them to get a security box removed. Poor man think he was rather embarrassed. smile

TalkativeJim Wed 25-Dec-13 22:44:49

I had this, both times, I wouldn't worry. First one was EMCS after long labour, 2nd elective with no labour. Same both times: for at least 3 months afterwards exactly what you describe: very sore, felt too tight, v painful and burny inside when DTD. It gradually went, absolutely fine now.

I think it was actually dryness caused by bf and/or general recovery after all the shock of surgery etc. - although I felt ok and normal externally and not too dry, inside I was iyswim.

I would wait and see, give it at least another month or more, really this sounds exactly similar to me.

hugoagogo Wed 25-Dec-13 22:52:07

That's how it felt to me- hip bone to hip bone argh!

footyfan Thu 26-Dec-13 12:42:12

Didn't mean to alarm you with the 9 month thing!

It wasn't bad all that time: it just took that long to be 100% normal. The first time was definitely the worst. It got progressively better after that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now