Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Why do I feel like I've got flu when I've had a flu jab

(8 Posts)
17leftfeet Wed 25-Dec-13 16:17:52

Started feeling ropey last night, dragged myself through lunch on a cocktail of paracetamol, ibuprofen and hot Ribena but I'm giving in and going back to bed sorry kids

My temp is 102, I feel really heavy and my joints ache so much I can't get comfortable whichever way I lie down and my head and face feels like its in a vice

Merry bloody Christmas

tribpot Wed 25-Dec-13 16:20:38

Have you just had the jab? I felt like death on a stick after I had mine a few weeks ago.

You do sound as if you have flu, and the jab can't protect you against all strains, alas. Get back to bed, and I hope you feel better soon.

17leftfeet Wed 25-Dec-13 16:28:20

I had it in October ��
Im off to bed now, told dd to wake me up for doctor who

JewelFairies Wed 25-Dec-13 16:40:05

Sounds like you have flu. Not all the strains are covered in the jab. Found that to my cost when I slept through Christmas Day last year. Apparently it was an 'old' strain that got me so the vaccination was useless.

JewelFairies Wed 25-Dec-13 16:41:33

Meant to add thanks

Theas18 Wed 25-Dec-13 16:47:21

Flu vaccine covers the 3 most likely strains . There are many other flu and flu like viruses I'm afraid.

Keep up the paracetamol fluids and rest.

Dollybird86 Wed 25-Dec-13 16:47:50

Flu jabs are the virus that the nhs/pharmaceutical companies think will be most common this year, you have probably caught something else! It happens hope you feel better soon & Merry Christmas thanks

17leftfeet Wed 25-Dec-13 22:35:47

Well I missed doctor who -only just woken up and feel like I've been sat on by an elephant

More paracetamol and back to bed sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now