Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Concerned about my boyfriend

(8 Posts)
Tea1Sugar Wed 25-Dec-13 16:00:00

He's 33 and generally fit and healthy.

Whilst doing some washing on Monday I found two pairs of heavily blood stained boxers. Today he told me his bottom has been bleeding significantly since Saturday. Not just when going to the toilet but random bleeds. He said it's nearly stopped now but what has caused it? He's being a bloke and says as it's stopping he doesn't need to see anyone. I don't think going to the loo is uncomfortable.

Thanks in advance. Christmas Day and I'm 23 weeks pregnant, I could do without the worry.

lisad123everybodydancenow Wed 25-Dec-13 16:06:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CFSKate Wed 25-Dec-13 16:06:52

He has to go to the doctor, to set your mind at rest.

Pancakeflipper Wed 25-Dec-13 16:08:35

Could be piles?
Tell him to see a Dr.

EBearhug Wed 25-Dec-13 16:11:40

He needs to see someone, even if it's stopped. It may not be serious, but there are other things which mean he could be very ill.

MillyChristmas Wed 25-Dec-13 16:13:50

Could be a broken blood vessel and its now healing.

VivaLeBeaver Wed 25-Dec-13 16:41:37

There was an ad on TV recently, or maybe in the press, anyway it said rectal bleeding should be checked out by a GP. Could well be piles, could be more serious. So he needs to see someone.

SirRaymondClench Wed 25-Dec-13 21:12:07

Have you had a look OP to see if he has piles? (not pleasant maybe for either of you if he's embarrassed but if it is piles it might stop him worrying)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now