Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I've got a festive UTI

(5 Posts)
SirRaymondClench Wed 25-Dec-13 14:30:30

And it's making me feel awful but I am on antibiotics and bicarb in water! [fgrin0
Can I ask other fellow UTI-ers do you find you breakout when you have a bad UTI?
My skin has gone horrible the past could of days!

Elizabeththefirst Wed 25-Dec-13 14:41:25

I have iffy skin anyway.

You poor thing. No Xmas alcohol for you this year, I suppose!

SirRaymondClench Wed 25-Dec-13 14:51:34

Elizabeth I can't drink alcohol anyway (got this stupid thing where my body doesn't produce the enzymes that break down alcohol -it's rubbish!)

Thank you for the kind words, I'm feeling better but last night was agony!
I really think the bicarb help take the sting out of it but still feeling rough!
I wouldn't mind but I have dodgy skin too normally but it had been improving and now I have these horrible spots appearing. I wondered if it could be linked to the infection <hopeful>

Elizabeththefirst Wed 25-Dec-13 15:04:05

I wish I had more advice to give. I generally just suffer through with water, water, water and those sachets you get from boots.

Fizzy drinks/juice are apparently also not good. I think due to the acid content.

SirRaymondClench Wed 25-Dec-13 15:20:18

I drank a 2l bottle of water between last night and this morning and started another one first thing. You'd think my skin would be glowing by now fgrin
Hopefully these antibiotics should work soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now