Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Tooth taken out - advice needed!!

(5 Posts)
Sycamoretrees Tue 24-Dec-13 22:59:05

I had a tooth out on Wednesday 18th and it's only just starting to feel better. I did notice a slight improvement each day though. Hope your mouth feels better really soon. I know how rubbish it is.

banana87 Tue 24-Dec-13 22:53:48

Not all antibiotics treat all infections so quite likely you have an infection that the antibiotics can't clear. Sorry hmm

tribpot Tue 24-Dec-13 22:50:46

It doesn't sound quite right. What were you advised to expect by the dentist who extracted the tooth?

Was it a wisdom tooth? The NHS Choices page suggests there could be a two week recovery period if so. This seems to suggest the main cause of ongoing pain is an infection, I wonder if this is somehow possible despite the anti-bios?

emmoB13 Tue 24-Dec-13 22:21:10

Sorry for typos on phone!

emmoB13 Tue 24-Dec-13 22:19:32

I had a tooth removed on Friday. Is it normal that it is still really painful? I am taking ibruofen and paracetamol four hourly even through the night. Regularly ribosome my mouth with salt water and keeping good mouth hygiene. I have started to get throat and earache but I am on pretty strong antibiotics so it's not an infection. I thought it would have settled down by now. It's my lower jaw and took a little while to get out of that makes any difference. Is this normal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now