Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Optometrists?

(4 Posts)
piratecat Tue 24-Dec-13 19:59:04

A funny thread for Xmas Eve, but am mulling over my eyeballs.

my eyes were left -2.50 and right -2.25

got tested and new glasses became -3.25 and -3.00

they were way too strong, so i had them retested somewhere else (long story vision express couldn't fit me in for two weeks)

new script -2.75 and -2.75 BUT she put a 0.25 prism in both eyes to help with lining up veritcals. Thing is it doesn't feel right, I am dizzy and i don't think it's right. Also my left eye feels more blurred than without the prism.

For background they once tried to correct slight astigmatism in the left eye and i couldn't tolerate that either.

anyway, as well as this she discovered (after I'd said i had slight blurry vision in my left eye) that i have lesions on the left macular which i need to get checked out.

i had a retinal problem 20 yrs ago when i woke up one morning with a huge floater in front of my eye.(old age they said (i was 22!) but i know now it's degenerative thing)

Also ten yrs later had a migrainous episode that cause stroke like symptoms on the left side that lasted about 4 hours.

ANYWAY, i wrote all that to give an idea about my left eye. I have a horrible feeling i am going to have to go back again, will they take the prism out? Have i given it enough time, 4 days.

thanks eye people. merry christmas.

IndigoBarbie Tue 24-Dec-13 21:33:37

pirate, Surely they would take the prism out of your script if it's causing you issues? I used to think my prescriptions were actually too strong, and my eyes then got 'used' to them - even if I used to sway going up and down stairs etc.........
Good luck xxx love IB

piratecat Tue 24-Dec-13 22:30:36

hi IB, i do hope so. i am not sure i've given it enough time tho. got my old ones on.

is that bad?

piratecat Tue 24-Dec-13 22:51:44

having looked at my prescription again it;s actually got -0.25 cyl. that's astigmatism isn't it.

i told her not to correct for this. grrrr. if that's what it is.

and it's also got 1/2 DN, that's the prism bit?? dunnno.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now