Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Urgent! What works for chronic constipation to the point I simply can't go?

(302 Posts)
Pixiedust1973 Mon 23-Dec-13 22:30:01

Not been to the toilet for over a week now. Got to the stage where I cannot eat. Nothing is working I have tried exlax chocolate, suppositories, laxido (8 sachets) & dulcalax pico pearles plus lots of water. The out of hours GP prescribed the pico pearles last night & I took them about 10 1/2 hours ago as well as the max dose of laxiod again & suppositories. Supposed to work within 6 to 12 hours, still nothing.. What else can I try? I don't want to spend Christmas day on the toilet or unable to eat. sad

(oh, sorry, & good luck with wedding & everything, you deserve to start having a nicer time smile)

LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Sun 12-Jan-14 18:48:16

Oh, so glad to read that you finally had a poo and didn't explode smile Its good to get some furhter investigation just to be sure.

Many congratulations on the forthcoming nuptuals - i don't think i have ever been so invested in someone else's bowel movements and was gutted when this thread fell off my active list. Thanks for updating OP x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now