Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help me rule out concussion please

(4 Posts)

Ow, shit! fshock

Take it really easy, sit with ice on it and if you feel in any way odd or sleepy then get to A&E.

Flojobunny Mon 23-Dec-13 17:46:50

Hit my face hard, bent forward fast and didn't see hook sticking out.
Nice shiner for the Xmas pics

As a precaution it is recommended that you visit your nearest accident and emergency (A&E) department if you or someone in your care has a head injury resulting in concussion and then develops any of the following signs and symptoms:
loss of consciousness from which the person then recovers
amnesia (memory loss), such as not being able to remember what happened before or after the injury
persistent headaches since the injury
persistent vomiting since the injury
changes in behaviour, such as irritability, being easily distracted or having no interest in the outside world – this is a particularly common sign in children under the age of five
confusion
drowsiness that goes on for longer than an hour when you would normally be awake
problems understanding or speaking
loss of balance or problems walking.

^^
From the NHS website, so keep a close watch out for any of those symptoms and as it says, go to A&E if they develop.

Is there anyone with you?

Did you hit your head very hard? Sounds bad!

Flojobunny Mon 23-Dec-13 17:19:52

Hurt my face under my eye, was sick straight away. Probably pain or shock.
It's not exactly a head injury, since it's my face. An inch higher and I'd have no eye.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now