Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Worried that there is something quite wrong

(20 Posts)

I'm not a worrier normally, not about health anyway. I tend to usually just assume everything will be fine. This time though, something feels wrong.

For a few mths now, on and off, I have had a dull ache in my back. It's either side of my spine, low down, and then spreads around to my sides. Originally I thought it was something to do with ovulation, as thats when it seemed to occur. It would last for about a week, and for that week I'd have to take painkillers on and off.

Now the pain seems to be there all the time, and I am taking pain killers daily, and if I wake in the night I have to take more. I also feel tired a lot of the time, and I think I look pale, although noone has commented on that.
The pain is now also slightly in my stomach too, and I feel quite full and bloated.

I have an appointment with the gp on friday, but I'm worried that they won't listen to me or take it seriously.

Ledkr Tue 17-Dec-13 21:48:40

I think with the symptoms being persistent and worsening they will take you seriously.
Try not to worry because although you are thinking if something bad its more likely to be something treatable and not serious, much more likely.
It's horrible worrying though.
Hopefully the gp will reassure you.

Thanks Ledkr. I'm not sure if I have seen this gp before or not, so I'm just hoping they are good, as some at our practice are rubbish.

I need to try ans stop worrying for the moment at least, as I doubt i'll find anything out before xmas anyway.

Saw the gp today and she has referred me for a scan and i'm having a blood test on 27th Dec.

She said it could be a cyst or something else.

Just got to wait and see now.

Ifcatshadthumbs Fri 20-Dec-13 14:21:02

Hopefully your scan will come through quickly. I'm waiting for an appointment for the breast clinic so I understand your worry. (Bowl licks timing this close to Christmas)

Ifcatshadthumbs Fri 20-Dec-13 14:21:43

Bollocks not bowl licks hmm

Although that did actually make me chuckle for the first time this week

LOL ifcats, it made me laugh too.

Hope you get your appointment through soon, and get the all clear.

Just going to try and forget about it until the blood test.

maishoffwcingras Fri 20-Dec-13 17:55:34

hi nutcracker I have some of your symptoms too & will book an appt next week. mine are bloatedness (not persistent), slightly constipated, dull pain in back off & on (but not enough to warrant pain killers), back pain the other day moved to side yesterday, but felt a bit muscular. today it's gone but a bit sore sort of behind my ribcage..

Hi, mine started like that a few mths ago, but now is constant.

Def worth booking an appointment because some docs are reluctant to refer, and it's taken me 3 visits to get themk to do it.

maishoffwcingras Mon 23-Dec-13 20:32:04

will be thinking of you on 27th, in the meantime forget about it and enjoy Christmas, that's what I'm hoping to do

Hi, hope everyone had a nice christmas smile

I had my blood test on Friday and this morning the surgery rang me requesting I book a double appointment for an internal exam confused

This was mentioned at my previous appointment, but in more of a 'when you've got time' way, not a you must come in way. Their first double appointment isn't until next Monday though. I'm due on, on that day, so I just hope it holds off.

They didn't mention the blood test results, so I don't know if they are back or not, but i think it's odd they have rung me tbh, so now I am back to being worried again.

OddBoots Mon 30-Dec-13 10:54:20

It sounds like they are being thorough but try not to worry too much, if they were really worried they would have used emergency slots to get you seen earlier.

Thanks oldboots. You are right yes, they would have got me in sooner.
I must stop thinking the worst.

maishoffwcingras Tue 31-Dec-13 10:26:00

try not to worry (says me who can think of nothing else atm). Have my appt on Thursday

How did your appointment go maish ?

maishoffwcingras Fri 03-Jan-14 15:38:49

hi, having bloods done on 14th & having internal inc. swabs on 9th. I have lost weight too so am even more worried now - she said that could be due to all sorts of reasons inc. thyroid but still..

I've had to cancel my internal on monday, s my period arrived today. I'm still going for the blood resuts though.

I am in so much pain again with this period that I'm actually a little scared.

Your gp is right about the weightloss, but i can understand why you are worried. Everything seems to tke so long for them to do too.

maishoffwcingras Fri 03-Jan-14 22:54:33

Could it be that you're premenopausal? I know that can make periods more painful..

notapizzaeater Fri 03-Jan-14 22:57:50

I know you won't like it but the doctors should still do the internal ?

I would have still had the internal but when I rang to check it was ok, the receptionist said I'd have to rebook it.

I'm 35, not sure how likely that makes it that I'd be premenopausal tbh.

My money is on endo and cysts, and hopefully nothing serious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now