Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I'm scared - found large lump in breast

(55 Posts)

Hallo. I am 45 with 2 teenage children. A few hours ago I discovered a strange large lump in outer side of my right breast. It's massive - the size of a walnut - and feels like it's just under the skin. Now I think about it, I've had a couple of times recently where this breast has felt hot and itchy - I think it could be related. I've been looking online at breast cancer sites and am now in full panic-mode. I'm obviously going to see the GP on Monday, but in the meantime have gone into a weird state of shivering and crying and imagining horrible scenarios. I can't sleep. Please could somebody reassure me that it is probably something harmless...

ClairesTravellingCircus Fri 27-Dec-13 01:45:09

Great news!

Soo glad it was just a cyst!

Paranoia totally understandable but hopefully will subside soon!

jabeen100 Fri 27-Dec-13 06:49:50

do you always feel the lump? or do you just feel it when you think about it cause if dont feel it when you're focused on something else its probably just anxiety. but it wouldnt hurt to go to the doc and and get him to check you out and possibly get some tests. good luck.

RudolphtheRedknowsraindear Fri 27-Dec-13 09:29:04

Great News cake

catchingzeds Fri 27-Dec-13 15:44:12

So relieved for you xx

furbaby Sat 28-Dec-13 22:36:56

thanks so happy for you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now