Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Woken with horrendous vertigo

(54 Posts)
Tanfastic Sat 30-Nov-13 08:48:55

Typing this on my phone in bed, woken up this morning with the most horrendous vertigo. I can't move without feeling like I'm going to vomit.

Have had to crawl on my hands and knees to get to the toilet just so I could change my tampon hmm. Now back in bed trying my hardest not to move but feeling so sick confused.

My sisters are up for the wknd so they are taking ds out for the day and dh is off to the chemist to see if he can get something over the counter for the sickness. Can anyone recommend anything?

There is no way I'm going to be able to get to the walk in centre today.

Tanfastic Wed 04-Dec-13 08:34:23

Cinnerazine is Sturgon which is an antihistamine apparently. Very cheap to buy over the counter and they've worked for me SSD. They've taken away the dizziness as well as the nausea and can be taken long term.

Says on the box they can make you drowsy but I haven't found this and have been taking maximum dose.

digerd Wed 04-Dec-13 15:56:14

My sis had this once on waking up. She took her tablets for Migraine as felt similar but without the headache. She said it helped. She had to keep her eyes shut as happened when she opened them.

gamerchick Thu 05-Dec-13 08:10:20

How are you feeling this morning.. are the tablets helping?

Tanfastic Thu 05-Dec-13 14:00:38

Ok thanks Gamerchick. Going to try and wean myself off the tablets soon to see how I'm really feeling as they just mask the symptoms so I'm not sure if I'm better IYSWIM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now