Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Not sure the problem really is my gallbladder after all, could it be something else? It almost feels "pregnant"

(20 Posts)

GP thinks it is gallstones, and have referred me for ultra sound - not been yet. My blood tests for liver, kidney and thyroid functions came back ok.

The pain is mostly in the gallbladder area, BUT, it feels like there is something else.

You know when you are pregnant, and your stomach feels really heavy, and your skin tight, and there are feet pressing up against your ribs? That is how I feel.

I have put on weight the last two months, and it is almost like all the weight is put on under my boobs, and there is flesh pushing against my ribs, my bra underwire, my stomach and my skin. It just feels "tight" and pushing out and in. It is the whole area, from left to right.

MortifiedAnyFuckerAdams Thu 21-Nov-13 23:27:27

Surely if you were pg it would have shown up.in the blood tests?

Shakey1500 Thu 21-Nov-13 23:29:08

POAS to be sure grin

Could also be trapped wind. Can be really painful. I was also sent for scan to look for possible gallstones and they found nada.

holstenlips Thu 21-Nov-13 23:30:14

Have them check your ovaries?

I know I am not pregnant, it is the feeling of having a pregnant tummy. But pregnant I am not.

This has been going on for a while, so not just trapped wind.

ItLooksLikeRainDearpOOD Thu 21-Nov-13 23:40:43

IBS?

idlevice Thu 21-Nov-13 23:42:54

Have you had a gynae check for fibroids? They can stretch the uterus like a pregnancy & depending on the location can press on other organs. It would have to be quite big to do that though & you'd most likely have had other more obvious gynae symptoms. Also when fibroids undergo degeneration it's often first thought to be gallbladder problems because of the type of pain. Hope you get it sorted soon!

Not IBS as no actual stomach upset. Need to google fibroids.

digerd Fri 22-Nov-13 09:39:03

If it is high up where your bra is then that is not your uterus as that is lower down. Sounds like your stomach area.

If you imagine a 15 cm wide band going side to side from under the bra and down. That sort of area. confused

CMOTDibbler Fri 22-Nov-13 13:26:47

I have no words of wisdom, but its almost exactly what I have atm - right sided pain, starts 5cm to r of sternum, 10cm below bra, tracking round the bottom of my ribs into my back. Feels like expansion pain, and I feel constantly sick

I dont feel sick though. Just like I am bursting out of my skin and it is pushing in all directions. Maybe you also need your gp to check you for gallstones, CMot?

I read about Fibroids, and it seems to match slightly, especially about needing to wee a lot.

CMOTDibbler Fri 22-Nov-13 14:00:36

Have seen the GP couple of times, tried antibs in case it was a kidney infection, now bloods and scan to check for liver/gallstones etc. Don't need to wee a lot, but some white blood cells in urine, pain, nausea and general feeling of mankyness.

How funny (not really) if we were to have this in common as well as elderly parent woes. <sigh>

We should have a "weird and inexplicable stuff that goes on in our bodies" support thread!

CMOTDibbler Fri 22-Nov-13 15:12:52

How are your parental woes currently?

It is my mums birthday on Monday. I dont think she understand what a birthday is anymore. Her present is in the post anyway. My dad has ordered cake to bring to her care home. He is sort of snowed in. How are yours?

CMOTDibbler Fri 22-Nov-13 15:38:56

Mum is vomiting anything she can be persuaded to eat, dad is melting down from the stress, and my great aunt (whose executor I am) is on her way out.
On the up side mum and dad now have a carer, a cleaner, and I have POA for them both, so that feels better.

We have to cling on to the few positives!

DorisShutt Fri 22-Nov-13 15:44:17

Quint - that's how mine felt and then it developed into full on gallbladder issues.

Sorry! Hope it improves.

Ok. I know I started this thread back in November, but I have now had both the blood tests done, and they are back ok, and I had the ultrasound today. It is normal.

What ELSE could this be?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now