Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Just need a little hand holding.....

(19 Posts)
CaractacusPotts Thu 21-Nov-13 16:27:28

My daughter (21) has just gone to A&E for the second time in a week with abnormal obs, more specifically a heart rate of 120!

I'm sure they'll do an ECG once there but I'm very worried and can get to her until about 6:30!!

Her dad is with her so I'm happy with that but I'm all in a tizz :-/

hugs.

is she under stress at the moment? stress can cause a faster heart rate.

hope she is ok.

CaractacusPotts Thu 21-Nov-13 16:44:55

145 shock

CaractacusPotts Thu 21-Nov-13 16:50:26

Thank you # xx

FeckOffCup Thu 21-Nov-13 16:53:53

Hopefully she will be fine, I had a 140 heart rate on and off after I had DD. They decided it was because of low iron and it went away after a course of iron tablets.

CaractacusPotts Thu 21-Nov-13 16:55:58

Feckoff thank you, that really does make me feel better knowing it could be something that simple :-)

Pancakeflipper Thu 21-Nov-13 16:57:00

Holding hand, putting kettle on....

The worrying never stops with children. Hope they find out why and its easy to correct.

FeckOffCup Thu 21-Nov-13 16:58:19

I had to have an ECG too and I was shitting a brick in case giving birth had damaged my heart or caused a minor unknown heart issue to become serious but it turned out fine.

ICameOnTheJitney Thu 21-Nov-13 16:58:21

Oh how worrying for you. Here...have my mitt...xx

CaractacusPotts Thu 21-Nov-13 16:59:44

Thank you ladies. Hubby says she's ok but the 145 rattled her (she's a HCP so knows this isn't good) but I think I feel
Worse because I'm not with her.

ICameOnTheJitney Thu 21-Nov-13 17:00:31

Has she had any problems before Caractacus?

CaractacusPotts Thu 21-Nov-13 17:19:19

Just last week Jitney - she's always had a high rate (or at least since she's been in a position to take it) at around 95bpm but has been feeling generally bleugh, light headed and slight chest pains / breathlessness when last week in culminated in her ward Dr sending her down to A&E after some abnormal ECG's.

She was discharged pretty quickly as she is fairly ok in herself and is awaiting a 24 hour testing thing!!

Then today in some clinical obs practice her BP, resps and HR were all out. They wanted to all an ambulance but she insisited that she come home and dad take her!!

I'm sure part of the reason it's elevated to 145 is stress but I've very worried all the same.

Thank you for your hand holding xx

Mogz Thu 21-Nov-13 17:53:44

Sending lots of healing vibes her way, hope all is well very soon.

Galena Thu 21-Nov-13 18:15:15

Holding hand here too.

CaractacusPotts Thu 21-Nov-13 20:28:35

Thank you everyone. She's been admitted for observation and although her obs are a lot better there's a abnormality showing on her ECG (sinus something but I didn't look too hard because Dr Google is not my friend).

She's fine in herself and doesn't seem too worried so I actually feel a lot better than a few hours ago.

Thank you for your support and I'll keep you updated.

sanssoleil Thu 21-Nov-13 20:36:30

Read the thread-I had a very fast heart-rate when I was iron deficient anaemic.Holding hand,and I remember all those systolic/ectopic words too.All the best.

lisad123everybodydancenow Thu 21-Nov-13 20:54:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pancakeflipper Thu 21-Nov-13 21:09:12

Oh glad she's ok in herself and they are doing obs.
And ta for finding time to update. We do worry ......

CaractacusPotts Thu 21-Nov-13 22:11:29

Yes, I think sinus tachycardia was mentioned.

I'm not sure it's her iron levels as as far as I am aware all her bloods are ok.

I'm home now and she is ok on the ward, hopefully she'll get some rest and we can get to the bottom of it.

Thank you all again xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now