Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

I have two ingrown, infected hairs on my fanjo (tmi)

(31 Posts)
DaleyBump Thu 14-Nov-13 01:11:23

and since I'm 38 weeks pregnant, I can't see to get to them. DH noticed one about a month ago and I thought that if I left it alone it would go away, but today I went to the toilet and my pants were pretty soaking with blood (definitely from the hairs). I got DH to have another look and he says they're massive, raised, full of pus and black. shock

I was just wondering, do I need to see a doctor? I would love nothing more than to attack the fuckers with tweezers but since I can't see that's a bit difficult.

SecretWitch Thu 14-Nov-13 21:43:21

Honey, see your GP...

You do not want to be in labour with a flaming fanjo

DaleyBump Thu 14-Nov-13 22:21:41

Okay okay, I'll see my GP. I still remember the shocked look on his face when I asked him for thrush cream, not looking forward to having him prod about my fanjo grin I think a flaming fanjo in labour is pretty much a given Secret grin

A flaming fanjo will be the least of her labour worries!!

Maybe you can ask the midwife to lance them if/when you need an episiostomy. You know, a 'while you're down there' sort of thing....

DaleyBump Thu 14-Nov-13 22:46:40

Oh god oh god oh god envy

HerrenaHarridan Thu 14-Nov-13 23:36:03

Please see your dr.

My best friend had a similar problem when the Doc removed the ingrown hair it was 30cms long (no that's is not a typo!) she was very ill and needed antibiotics.

Struggling on in pain is not big of clever. Pain is your body's way of saying "fuck you, you ignorant idiot, listen to me!"

SecretWitch Fri 15-Nov-13 01:32:00

Now I can't get the picture of a flaming Fanjo out of my mind...like a Nike trainer but with flaps and hair...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now