Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Steatorrhea?

(2 Posts)
Willthisworknow Wed 23-Oct-13 14:26:36

Hi think I have this - anyone had it and what was your diagnosis? I have ulcerative proctitis and its flared up recently. Am on local steroids but get these fatty stools every so often. Also I do have over the recommended alcohol intake each week. Generally between half bottle and full bottle of wine per day depending on time of week with a day or two with none each week. I have 3 children and did stop while preggers/breast feeding - but have also had a lot of stress re threatened redundancy etc (I am main breadwinner). I am now planning to drop a glass size (with a period of abstinence first) but wonder if I need to see a dr about this now? Anyone got a similar health story?

candycoatedwaterdrops Wed 23-Oct-13 18:01:17

I know you said you are addressing the alcohol intake but I'm wondering if it might be connected the bowel problems? I'm sure you know this but the amount you're drinking is very high.

flowers take care.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now