Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Shoulder pain for 3 weeks - should i see the GP now?

(8 Posts)
YoureBeingAnAnyFuckerFan Mon 28-Oct-13 22:16:22

just thought i'd quickly update. I saw gp today and it's just muscle strain and he prescribed some anti inflamatories (sp?) still no idea how I've done it though confused GP suggested gym- I struggled not to snort tbh grin

YoureBeingADick Wed 23-Oct-13 20:53:16

thank you all.

no fever and I haven't been feeling run down or anything. never had a chest infection in my life but will ring GP for appointment in the morning to get it checked out.

gussiegrips Wed 23-Oct-13 19:02:57

chest infections can present like this. Totally reasonable to be seen.

Even if it is muscular, best to get advice rather than it turn into a frozen shoulder three months later.

Go and have it looked at.

Willthisworknow Wed 23-Oct-13 18:58:53

If you've got a fever, I'd get it seen to. I had pleurisy as a student which started as a non specific shoulder thing that eventually led into feeling someone was sticking a knife in my chest when I breathed. If no fever, likely to be muscular.

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Wed 23-Oct-13 17:29:49

Know the feeling! Don't think you would be wasting anyone's time though.

YoureBeingADick Wed 23-Oct-13 14:30:23

Thanks and i will ring in the morning. Didnt want to be wasting anyones time if it just sounds like muscle pain

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Wed 23-Oct-13 13:58:41

Yes I would definitely see your GP just to eliminate anything serious.

YoureBeingADick Wed 23-Oct-13 12:16:36

Not even sure how the pain Started. It is at the bottom of my left shoulder blade. It feels like the kind of pain you get from a good workout or after sleeping awkwardly but that usually eases up after a few days. I havent been working out or doing anything strenuous at all. Pain is worse when i take a deep breath or yawn. So much so that i actually cant take a deep breath/ yawn to the full capacity as its too sore. I havent done anything/taken any painkillers as i thought it was probably just muscle strain or something and would ease itself but its been 3 weeks now. Should i see gp?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now