Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Shoulder pain for 3 weeks - should i see the GP now?

(8 Posts)
YoureBeingADick Wed 23-Oct-13 12:16:36

Not even sure how the pain Started. It is at the bottom of my left shoulder blade. It feels like the kind of pain you get from a good workout or after sleeping awkwardly but that usually eases up after a few days. I havent been working out or doing anything strenuous at all. Pain is worse when i take a deep breath or yawn. So much so that i actually cant take a deep breath/ yawn to the full capacity as its too sore. I havent done anything/taken any painkillers as i thought it was probably just muscle strain or something and would ease itself but its been 3 weeks now. Should i see gp?

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Wed 23-Oct-13 13:58:41

Yes I would definitely see your GP just to eliminate anything serious.

YoureBeingADick Wed 23-Oct-13 14:30:23

Thanks and i will ring in the morning. Didnt want to be wasting anyones time if it just sounds like muscle pain

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Wed 23-Oct-13 17:29:49

Know the feeling! Don't think you would be wasting anyone's time though.

Willthisworknow Wed 23-Oct-13 18:58:53

If you've got a fever, I'd get it seen to. I had pleurisy as a student which started as a non specific shoulder thing that eventually led into feeling someone was sticking a knife in my chest when I breathed. If no fever, likely to be muscular.

gussiegrips Wed 23-Oct-13 19:02:57

chest infections can present like this. Totally reasonable to be seen.

Even if it is muscular, best to get advice rather than it turn into a frozen shoulder three months later.

Go and have it looked at.

YoureBeingADick Wed 23-Oct-13 20:53:16

thank you all.

no fever and I haven't been feeling run down or anything. never had a chest infection in my life but will ring GP for appointment in the morning to get it checked out.

YoureBeingAnAnyFuckerFan Mon 28-Oct-13 22:16:22

just thought i'd quickly update. I saw gp today and it's just muscle strain and he prescribed some anti inflamatories (sp?) still no idea how I've done it though confused GP suggested gym- I struggled not to snort tbh grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now